Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hello everyone

My current 74 TA is my second Trans Am that I have owned. My first was purchased new in 1974. It was Cameo White with the blue graphics. The interior was black. It had a 400 auto with power windows,power locks,rear window defrost, Am/ fm radio. I kept that car for 11 years, driving it all year round in Wisconsin. I eventually sold it to a co worker and about a week later he hit a deer with it and totaled it. In 1997 I found my current TA another 74. It was pretty rough around the edges. I have been restoring it ever since.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Seen you've been around for a bit. Nice to hear more from you and about your Pontiacs! What has been done to your current TA and what’s its plans?

The cars been repainted & new decals installed. Had to repair all the spoilers due to the dealer that had the car drove it up on one of those displays that puts the car about six feet in the air cracking every one. It’s been mostly just maintained over the years. Replacing the windshield, radiator, repairing wiring issues, new headlights & benzene. I removed the ac, as the previous owner said all it needs is a charge. I thought I would build the motor before doing the ac. Well no o-rings on any of the ac lines & no ductwork under the dash.  Every year I hem & haw about modifying the car & all my friends keep telling me it’s much to nice the way it sits. If I do modify it I probably will do quite a bit. Tremic 5 speed, motor from Butler, who knows maybe a complete chassis from Schwarts Prformance. I did actually put subframe connectorson it from Global West, but you can’t see those. It is not a numbers matching car, so I would not be ruining anything.

• Like 2

Agreed, a stock looking resto mod is a whole lot of fun. Your car, your wallet, your choice. Do what you want to do.