Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Need Help With 5 pin Blower Motor Resistor, 73 LeMans

High speed went out on my blower motor.  Seems to be the resistor.  Problem is, it is not the typical 4 pin type.  Anyone know where I can find the 5 pin type resistor?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Is this what you are looking for ?

image.png.0e472b4b46f0baefd61c4ae7b19effec.png

If not, I'd try calling the folks at Old Air Products, they carry a lot of OER AC/HVAC parts for a lot of cars from the mid-to-late 70s. If they don't have what you need, they may who does.

817-531-2665

https://www.oldairproducts.com/products?filtercache=cdbb514d-31d6-4eb2-8bcc-82758f60be10

That's the relay and I am good with that.  Need the resistor that mounts on the housing by the fire wall.  I have tried old air, aames, opg and everyone else I could think to ask.  But thank you for responding to help.

Just out of curiosity, have you called these places to see if they have a 5-pin blower motor resistor for a '73 Chevy Chevelle or El Camino, which is essentially the same vehicle? Sometimes someone will stock a part for a Chevy not knowing that Pontiac, Olds, and Buick also used it. Food for thought....otherwise you are stuck calling wrecking yards and hoping you get one that's good (for now). 

As you already know, the Colonade body style Pontiacs (and most of its siblings) don't have a ton of aftermarket support that 64-72 enjoy.

I see someone on eBay is selling a 4-pin resistor and claims it fits the '73 Lemans. You might reach out to that guy (if you have not already) ask him how that works if they originally came with 5-pin. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/64-76-GM-Chevy-Pontiac-Heater-A-C-Evaporator-Box-Blower-Motor-Fan-Speed-Resistor/192417353478?fits=Year%3A1973|Model%3ALeMans|Submodel%3ASport|Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.7L|Make%3APontiac&hash=item2cccf7cf06:g:Q0MAAOSwR2RaTVl4&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

Is it only the high speed fan setting not working..??

If that's the case..There is a seperate fuse that is used for only the high blower setting.....Located in an inline fuse holder under the hood along the firewall...Can be hard to spot....Usually hidden in the wire harness that runs along the firewall....Might be worth checking to make sure it is not blown......

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP