Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

46th Annual Detroit (Indoor) Swap Meet - Jan 5-6, 2019

Frosty

The 46th annual Detroit Swap Meet will be held at the Suburban Collection Showplace (a.k.a. Novi Expo Center) in Novi Michigan this Saturday and Sunday, near Indyman Joe's place.....

I am going on Saturday morning with a buddy of mine. Never know what I'll find. Last year I saw a pair of BBC "Pontiac" valve covers for $300. I thought they were cool but a bit pricey for "used parts".

https://www.classicarnews.com/event/detroit-swap-meet-3/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Well the swap meet plans were a total bust, I ended up spending the entire weekend having to scrape peeling paint and re-paint all the exterior window frames and three columns at my dad's place instead. It was a balmy 32-38 degrees too. I got the columns and all the basement and 1st floor windows scraped and painted. The two second story windows I discovered wood rot. A buddy came over and cut the rotten wood out, installed new wood, and chalked it up on the double window. Now it just needs to be painted. The other second floor single window still needs to be done, we ran out of time, weather, and weekend to get to it.

I'm having to do all this because I have a buyer for my dad's house and the inspector for the FHA loan wanted all the peeling painted removed and painted. With any louck, I can wrap this up this weekend (weather permitting). I'd like to close on the house by the end of the month. This will put the last of the hard work on my dad's estate to bed.

It really is bittersweet Ringo.

It also means the final push to get the last of the items out of the house and find some place to store them, including the Roadmaster. I've rented another storage unit for the Roadmaster and some of the last large items. I know once I gotten everything out of the house, sign the closing paperwork and turn in the keys, I will never look back, I will probably never go back to that neighborhood again - there will be no reason to. It will also mean a large headache will be removed from my shoulders - having to maintain the house. I can shut off the remaining utilities and insurance and stop the financial outlay too. 

I will still have to do my father's last income tax, the trust's income tax, as well as my own income tax this year. I think I am going to get someone who know how to figure this BS out this year with all this stuff going on.

Still it feels like closing a major chapter in my life. Doing away with all my parents belongs and moving on with my own life. My brother moving on with his. It still seems surreal in some ways. I can't believe it has been nearly six months already.....

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.