Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Thank You, sir! I learned a few things, but it turned out pretty good anyways!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

You will have to tell me how you did it (please and thank you). It looks amazing.

I dabble in automotive airbrushing so I know how lacquer, base coat/clear coat, single stage paint, and powder coating all work. THose are some great results.

sand blasted the faces and the base plate. the plate needed some putty work for all the pits. filler primer then a rattle can of gloss white. The rustoleum paint and primer stuff is a little heavier and sticks really well. After it cured, put the decals on and let them cure. then clear coated everything with a single heavy coat to fill in along the edges of the decals.

Located the gas tank and built the straps.  Always hate a vehicle with the gas filler on the passenger side, so switching that to the driver side while I'm at it. Now that I have the tank mocked up, I can blast the area and build the floor pan.

IMG_20180824_192942956.jpg

IMG_20180824_193101765_LL.jpg

Got the front end looking like a car again! still blasting the hoods, they used really good paint back then!

IMG_20180902_121247527.jpg

• Like 1

The bumper guards and crank hole cover really give it that OLD look!

IMG_20180903_185630870.jpg

• Like 1

It's looking really great there buddy ! :clapping:    What is the shade of red called that you are using on the car?

Thanks, Hawaii Bob! Frosty, it is Regal Red.

11 hours ago, BIGfoot455 said:

Frosty, it is Regal Red.

Thanks. It looks great. Who is the paint from? Eastwood, PPG, Valspar, House of Colors, Dupli-color, etc.?

• Like 1

A little more done. Hood, windshield and divider

IMG_20180920_133012006.jpg

• Like 1

rust out behind the rear bumper is fixed!

IMG_20181106_142107864.jpg

replaced someone's bondo and window screen job with steel. Unfortunately, they never closed the underside so the interior panel was screwed as well.

Front of wheel well A.jpg

Front of wheel well E.jpg

• Like 1

Great work.

You must love coming across all the shortcut fixes that people have done to the car over all the decades.

• Like 1

Frosty, it has definitely been a learning experience!  while fixing the section in front of the wheel well, I discovered the rocker had been welded to the door pillar in the wrong position. I knew the rocker was crashed, but damn! I never would have thought somebody would just weld it where it ended up. 1 inch too high and 1/2" too far in.  The new metal tab on the bottom is where the rocker should be!

rocker in wrong position.jpg