Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Prof's shopping nightmares

Professur

The GMC was added to POCI when GM mated Pontiac with GMC from a divisional marketing arm perspective. This was back in the early 2000s. GMC is not as huge as  I'd like to see it in POCI for sure. Hopefully that can change over time. However, the current editor of Smoke Signals has done several articles on GMC as well. At our speciality chapter, that's all we try to write about in our bi-monthly newsletter - trucks and vans. 

Here is a link to a guy in Canada that machine cuts keychains.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KeychainguyCanada?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Your basic brown leather - two options

https://www.ebay.com/i/361983029032?chn=ps&dispItem=1

https://www.ebay.com/i/171479264005?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

First link comes up dead. No worries about the keychain .. I've not yet begun to look.

Nifty fact .. the last 4 digits of the VIN ... 1998

Edited by Professur

That's ironic.

I guess notallthere will have to show you how to do smoky burnouts in a GMC now too.

Edited by Frosty

• 1 month later...

OK, brain went walkabout on me this morning .... still haven't found the time to play with her, or the cottage roof. Getting on my nerves. Letting the truck run for a couple of minutes to warm up makes the second gear grab much less noticeable. But, getting a fairly loud whine from just behind the driver's compartment.  Not finding any passengers hiding back there, I suspect the fuel pump  isn't long for this world.

I wonder what it would take to change the grill to a Pontiac.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Ran into a financial brick wall this month and found one of my beloved children has left me with a $400 hole to fill. Given that it was our anniversary yesterday, the missus is even less pleased than I. I'll be lucky to get the pump for Christmas unless I pull a bunch of overtime.

Side note ... did some more reading on the truck's brakes (4wal kelsey-hayes) and discovered that my problem may well be  in the ABS module. A low soft pedal can happen if fluid is bypassing the dump valve. Found a test method on the Phoenix site that I'll try this week.

Edited by Professur

Time to sell the kid to the gypsies?

Send me the link on the ABS module test procedure. You have me curious. Let us know how it works out for you.