• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blake sheets

Drag Racing `Ws6 Snowflake wheels

3 posts in this topic

im looking into buying some ws6 snowflake 15x8 wheels for my 84 grand prix. there is a complany that widens wheels and im going to have them at 2" to the width. 1' outside 1' inside so they will be a 10" wide wheel with 5.5" backspace. i have a 600 horsepower stroked 400 and i want to know if i can trust these wheels to handle the torque when i launch on the strip. the company stands behind their welding and machining so it could care less if their modifications break. i just want to be safe to know that 40 yr old cast aluminum will stay together. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If there's a single doubt in your mind, especially for any racing, go with a good quality replica. All the looks, no wondering about old material and safety. Plus you're not hacking up some classic wheels to boot.

Personally I would spring for a new wheel with the correct  offset spacing you are looking for. Then there is no doubt that it is one piece (assuming it is a single piece casting or forging) and that it should not break. Further, the old wheels can be sold to someone who is restoring their car to help offset the cost of the new wheels. I would rather pay to have peace of mind.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0