Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

how do you guys feel?

i always wanted to put a front lip on my car so i was looking i found to i like tell me what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01-HONDA...emZ380220347511

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-1998-H...sQ5fAccessories

ps. please some one dont make a comment saying its for an prelude or civic i know hint the name custom ,thanks

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I think that the Chin spoilers are sweet...

i have seen a good picture of someone doing the Home Depot Garage Door Seal as a lip kit... worked pretty good too...

i will find the picture...

ps. please some one dont make a comment saying its for an prelude or civic i know hint the name custom ,thanks

I don't see where the name custom came from... but personally, it's not a mod I would do, it just adds weight, it doesn't nothing to add to the car in control or aerodynamics... visually, I'd have to see what it looks like on a Grand AM rather then a Civic.

Found the pictures...

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

Cost was about 30 bucks for the seal and the double stick tape. It was very easy to do, just put the tape on the seal and press it onto the bumper.

I like the Prelude lip, but you're gonna attach it to the SE bumper? I'd try a GT bumper, it'll look better IMO, but you'll need a lot of fiberglass work to make it look smooth and flush. Hell, I've been wondering on an alternative to the SC/T lip. Just use a GT front bumper.

' date='Apr 6 2010, 04:14 PM' post='20108']

I like the Prelude lip, but you're gonna attach it to the SE bumper? I'd try a GT bumper, it'll look better IMO, but you'll need a lot of fiberglass work to make it look smooth and flush. Hell, I've been wondering on an alternative to the SC/T lip. Just use a GT front bumper.

i will probably use bondo and body filler to its way easier to put on so i going to try it

There's a big problem with that Zach, bondo is best used with metal surfaces. The lip looks to be either composite or plastic, and the stock bumper is plastic. Bondo will crack and fall apart. They make a special adhesive like bondo for that, or go fiberglass.

Nice look. I would use marine grade fiberglass to help install it. Good luck if you get it.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the Chin spoilers are sweet...

i have seen a good picture of someone doing the Home Depot Garage Door Seal as a lip kit... worked pretty good too...

i will find the picture...

those work well.. there is also that stuff you use to seperate your lawn rom your driveway.. its like a black plastic also works well!