Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My 08 dodge Challenger / Superbird

Yes, those voices sometimes keeps us out of trouble. But, in my case well that's another story. Mine just keeps me in trouble and I try to escape the torment on a daily basis.

something about cars, parts, tools, guitars, etc.. vicious circle

Well those voices some how affected me today.

The family and I were travelling to our vacation destination - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. This put us within GE's warped sphere of  influence, and sucked us right in. We ended up meeting GE for lunch at Cracker Barrel outside the Carowinds Amusement Park on the South Carolina/North Carolina border. 

So look at what GE gave me boys and girls. A set of port and polish RAM AIR II heads !!!!

post-317-0-90547500-1440300746_thumb.jpg

post-317-0-33862200-1440300865_thumb.jpg

post-317-0-64752300-1440300995_thumb.jpg

We took a photo together too. Yes, notallthere, I grabbed his butt for you liked you asked and he titty twisted me back at ya'! Ouch!

post-317-0-77169900-1440301194_thumb.jpg

He also gave me a Petty Garage baseball cap and some stump water. Gawd I am trouble. Now I have to send his wife a Sanders vanilla bumpy cake and 12 pack of Vernors (it's a Detroit thing, trust me! GE's wife grew in SE Michigan!).

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Frosty - Hey it was great seeing you and the family again today buddy! Hope ya'll made it to hilton head okay. I still can't believe that you were driving a ford let alone a ford from a liberal state of california  :D

Yeah, he got some high octane stump water for the GTO or will he use it to take advantage of Notallthere or Pro, maybe Ringo etc.. Who knows just what is in his twisted mind :huh:

Enjoy the cylinder heads my friend :D

Notallthere - yes, he grabbed my butt and yes I jumped and so, did frost when he got nipple twister  :rofl:

• Like 1

Frosty - Hey it was great seeing you and the family again today buddy! Hope ya'll made it to hilton head okay. I still can't believe that you were driving a ford let alone a ford from a liberal state of california  :D

Yeah, he got some high octane stump water for the GTO or will he use it to take advantage of Notallthere or Pro, maybe Ringo etc.. Who knows just what is in his twisted mind :huh:

Enjoy the cylinder heads my friend :D

Notallthere - yes, he grabbed my butt and yes I jumped and so, did frost when he got nipple twister  :rofl:

GE - it has been far too long since we last got together my friend. Four years is far too long. I am looking forward to seeing you Charleston WV in October (you catching this stratman? LOL)

The Ford Explorer is not my fault. That is the rental car company de jour special the wife picked out. Pretty nice vehicle for what we need right now driving to Hilton Head. Heck its go so much room that you can even put a pair of Ram Air IIs in it and still room for luggage.  :lol2:  :lol2:

As for the heads, its a start towards something has been kicking around in my brain that I call Project Smokahontas.

As far as the stump water is concerned, I am not sure if I should drink it or pour it into Lucy's tank for octane boast. I hear it also serves a topical hair remover, which I am sure notallthere could use.

Nice work on the heads. So how was the meal?

Yummy. I had the chicken 'n dumplins (which have not had in years). GE had the roast beef and gravy with a double helping of fried okra.

We ate a Cracker Barrel, so the food was delicious.

Sounds like a project for the Tracker.  Could take a month if I bring the high octane stuff.

Yeah, I enjoyed being with Frosty again!! However, there was something different about him I just couldn't put my fanger on. But, then again I was sort of worn out from working all nite and my mind was not the 

best at the time imagine that. Yeah the food was great along with the company. I hope the heads work out fer ya. Ya got new valves and sprangs, valve guides, seats, and rattle cans for touch up work  :naughty: Just make

sure ya run tap thru those sparkplug threads to clean up the paint. Great pics by the way!! Now, just don't do the paint and stumpwater at the sametime Frosty :P

Now, one thing Frosty didn't know or maybe had forgotten since the last time he had seen the car in WV. Was my base sticker which has 666DTH and has been dubbed deer slayer from Petty Garage and

the kill ratio of 3 deer, 8 opossiums, 5 coons, and 1 wabbit. But, the funny part was explaining some of the critter strikes which was funny. But, we had a good time!! :) The one thing was I was actually

being good and not being stupid leaving the parking lot or on the road with the car :rofl:

Pro - yeah we didn't have road kill for lunch this time  :)

Notallthere - you need to try the stumpwater that Frosty has it'll warm ya up  ;)

Well, after my adventures bugging Frosty I proceeded to the house to work on a 73 porsche 914 which had some structural issues. The drivers side frame had some rot and had to replace 90% of it. Which 

firmed up the chasis which he felt first thing along with curing a linkage issue on shifting. And finished it around 9pm. Now, it's on to the passenger side which isn't as bad as the drivers side so, I say would about

50% replacement will be done.it's alot of work playing with this over powered go cart with a body. This car was a racer so, one day it may return with a straight and true chasis and next after frame fixes will be

tranny work and more than likely. I'll be doing the engine as well. And it sounded like he has some bushing issues on right passenger side when driving it. So, probably be going over the suspension to

cure any problems there.

Now, one thing Frosty didn't know or maybe had forgotten since the last time he had seen the car in WV. Was my base sticker which has 666DTH and has been dubbed deer slayer from Petty Garage and the kill ratio of 3 deer, 8 opossiums, 5 coons, and 1 wabbit. But, the funny part was explaining some of the critter strikes which was funny. But, we had a good time!! :)lot or on the road with the car :rofl:

Pro - yeah we didn't have road kill for lunch this time  :)

Notallthere - you need to try the stumpwater that Frosty has it'll warm ya up  ;)

I think this could be the reason for all the roadkill strikes on GE's car.....a mystical military sticker !!!!

post-317-0-11001200-1440542290_thumb.jpg

Heck, its either that or GE's damn unlucky (read stupid)....he's made roadkill ace twice over.

• Like 1

Have you tried it yet??  It's real smooth stump water!!

I say it's the stickers fault or actually the critters bad decision on a really bad day  :driving:  :rofl:

I like 6's..... 35 years and only have 1 kill with the Sunbird. Dang groundhog/land beaver  :lol2:  :lol2:

Lemme know when you manage to nail a seagull on the wing. And you thought they made a mess when they crapped on your windshield ... there's plenty left inside still. Like running into a balloon full of white paint and feathers. *spa-loosh*

Hey GE, I found some South Carolina critters ya' all ain't hit yet, down here on Hilton Head Island. I am sure it's a matter of time though !!!!

post-317-0-57860900-1440813077_thumb.jpg

post-317-0-25813200-1440813136_thumb.jpg

I like 6's..... 35 years and only have 1 kill with the Sunbird. Dang groundhog/land beaver  :lol2:  :lol2:

Justa - dang a groundhog I bet that hurt !!  Now did ya eat the land beaver  :P

Lemme know when you manage to nail a seagull on the wing. And you thought they made a mess when they crapped on your windshield ... there's plenty left inside still. Like running into a balloon full of white paint and feathers. *spa-loosh*

I haven't but yes it would seem very messy. But, I did have a bird strike my truck. I saw feathers fly but never saw the bird and hours later when I stopped for fuel the bird was stuck head first in the grill graveyard dead. A stranger said I like your new grill ornament!!   :)  Now, when out riding my bike with a friend one nite with the lil woman on the back I saw a bat barley miss my friend that was 20 yds ahead of me and the bat hit my right shoulder when I was going 75 mph. It felt like a softball hit me!! Kind of hurt for a few hours!!

Coming from experience Pro?

Frosty -  I would believe that Pro has cranial knowledge of and seagull strike  :rofl:

Oh, and on the deer. I hope that I never hit another one. It gets too dang expensive each time!! If I keep hitting deer with the car I'm gonna move to michigan where it's legal to 

hunt deer with your car !!

Experience? Yeah, I picked up that spare on a one lane bridge over the Ste-Lawrence with nowhere to dodge. Fortunately it didn't break the glass and I was able to get the mess off at the next gas station. Musta really sucked to be the next guy that tried to clean his windshield while filling his tank tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Deer season is finally open here and gonna go hunting this afternoon with the bow. And I hope it want be with the car this year.

Well, I finished the passenger side of the 73 914 the other day and spanked that booger on it's butt wished it well and good bye!! Then

my buddy from New York came back with his Ferrari 599 gto. It's been a few years since I restored that car and was glad to see it finally

leave. And he brought it back down for me to do some upgrades and mods to the car. Inside my head the voices were screaming No

not this pain in the arse car again :blink: I guess my buddy wasn't thru with my pain and suffering with his car. Now, the upgrades are

going to be a super charger and racing exhaust along with suspension upgrades and rims, tires, etc.. And the best part his he wants a

roll cage installed into a already tight car that already has somewhat of a cage in it already. Now granted this is gonna be a task and a

big pain in the arse to do cause these cars are very tight and to do simple things to the car like headers the engine must come out.

So, I guess it'll be another fun filled time with this car again!! :unsure: But, the best part is I do love this car and love driving it. And you know

I would never ever drive it like I stole it :rofl: And the other fun thing is I'm gonna drive it to work to screw with guys at the shop before and

after I do the mods to it. I can't help it I gotta mess with them !!

Ringo -  Oh I so hope not to go hunting with the car this year. And with the cold front that is coming in it will probably make them start rutting early

and start running around all crazy in the roads. But, 2 more deer strikes and I become a Ace for deer :lol:  I'm already a ace for possiums and coons :lol:

I will take you some pics of the italian spaghetti machine fer ya  :) 

Oh, and I got a video to load up fer ya too 

Well, Deer season is finally open here and gonna go hunting this afternoon with the bow. And I hope it want be with the car this year.

Well, I finished the passenger side of the 73 914 the other day and spanked that booger on it's butt wished it well and good bye!! Then

my buddy from New York came back with his Ferrari 599 gto. It's been a few years since I restored that car and was glad to see it finally

leave. And he brought it back down for me to do some upgrades and mods to the car. Inside my head the voices were screaming No

not this pain in the arse car again :blink: I guess my buddy wasn't thru with my pain and suffering with his car. Now, the upgrades are

going to be a super charger and racing exhaust along with suspension upgrades and rims, tires, etc.. And the best part his he wants a

roll cage installed into a already tight car that already has somewhat of a cage in it already. Now granted this is gonna be a task and a

big pain in the arse to do cause these cars are very tight and to do simple things to the car like headers the engine must come out.

So, I guess it'll be another fun filled time with this car again!! :unsure: But, the best part is I do love this car and love driving it. And you know

I would never ever drive it like I stole it :rofl: And the other fun thing is I'm gonna drive it to work to screw with guys at the shop before and

after I do the mods to it. I can't help it I gotta mess with them !!

Good Luck on the bow hunt.  Bow, starts here Oct 1st.....Got this need to be tree'd.  After spending the day with Frosty at the Indian Summer show.  Was relieved he didn't bring us a taste of your hooch.  :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

As you all know I have had some gremlins hiding in my car for the past month after racing it. I burned up the cats and O2

sensors and I have replaced them all. Well, I have replaced the O2 sensors a few times since. I think that I have changed out

everything in the emissions circuit. I think that I have found the last gremlin that has been screwing with me and my car. Changed

out the plugs to read them and they seemed rich to normal readings. On my scanners and computer I didn't find the cause of the

latest problems until I went over to a friend of mines place that just so happens to have a dyno. So, we plugged it up and connected

to everything to monitor all systems at once. So, while going thru the gears I noticed in shock and horror the fuel curve and pressure.

Now, giving this I do have 56lb injectors in the car with a big throttle body. So, fuel and air should not be an issue. Well, so it seemed !!

At 60lbs of pressure idling and when we were going thru the gears I noticed a scary scene. I saw the pressure go from 60 to 12lbs.

Then when we made the run it went down to less than 10 on down to 0 lbs. Scary and horrifying  at the same time. Well, 600 bucks

later for a new racing fuel pump and a few hours ripping out the rear seats with a roll cage in the way. I finally was able to change out

the fuel pump. 

So, now I gotta take it back and do some more dyno pulls to find anymore demons and gremlins before putting it back on the road.