Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

26th Annual Spring Dust Off - June 14, 2014

Frosty

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what is the prognosis and will you make it to the Dust Off at all - even to check out the cars as a spectator?

So what is the prognosis and will you make it to the Dust Off at all - even to check out the cars as a spectator?

You talkin to me???

Gto12001_zpsef297eb0.jpg

Can't find the right pressure plate &@($#&%!!!

For those that ever wondered what the Bird would look like with the front wheels 12in in the air? There ya go... LMAO Glad I got a pic. :bowdown::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Dont think so, i dont even have the heads back from the shop...And the bimmer decided to call it quits a few days ago...

the GTP as of 6pm

10409481_594695087313048_366268095082886

10388123_594676320648258_736066189629114

• Founders

You talkin to me???

Gto12001_zpsef297eb0.jpg

Can't find the right pressure plate &@($#&%!!!

For those that ever wondered what the Bird would look like with the front wheels 12in in the air? There ya go... LMAO Glad I got a pic. :bowdown::lol2::lol2::lol2:

I've always wondered! Now I know :woot:

:lol:

Hit the parts store @ 9am to find wrong pressure plate again. Last chance, a CLUTCH company in Detroit. If they can sell me a flywheel that can use the 10 1/2 in clutch = roadtrip. = mega expensive. My raised platform flywheel was only used for 2 model yrs. Not enough call to stock/build those parts anymore. So hopefully they can get me a flat surface flywheel (that I can still get parts for over the counter. NONE of the major clutch manufacturers carry any High performance setups for my V6. ???? While leaving, the fed X guy blocked the driveway and handed me the fan shroud for the GTO. So much to do so little time. I'm workin on it Frosty!!!

I was on comcast and it posted in wierd symbols. Can read my post fine with AOL. Game over for the Sunbird, now that its spread all over the garage. No call back on flywheel clutch setup. Can't use the Pontiac fan shroud on the Chevy rad without hackin it all up....another 100.00 part going to the shelf. Did install the new temp gauge, looks much better as a set. Focus on the GTO now for Saturday. Weather man sayin rain will move out N will be all good.

Dont think so, i dont even have the heads back from the shop...And the bimmer decided to call it quits a few days ago...

the GTP as of 6pm

10409481_594695087313048_366268095082886

10388123_594676320648258_736066189629114

Well that just stinks.....I was looking forward to having a 4th FP member around since notallthere decided to get all SciiFI geeky and head to Calgary this week to visit his brother and take pictures of the Kent wheat farm from the original Superman movie and a 1/10th scale NC 1701 USS Enterprise.

Was glad to see ya finally pull in. Sounds ....HEALTHY! Whatta great day, GOOD TIMES! Found some items in the swap meet, good food and great friends. I know, wrong hat, but it even looks like you Havoc!

Gto12011_zpsacf09052.jpg

Gto12012_zps091dcd75.jpg

Gto12039_zps111853ad.jpg

From mild.....When was the last time you saw a vinal top on a wagon?? to WILD 9 sec Pro Street. It was all there but my snooty Sunbird that stayed home with its nose in the air....BITCH.

Sorry I am late posting, but the last two days have been exceptionally busy. After the Dustoff, I had a graduation open house, and my 3-year old nephew's birthday party to go to. Once I got home, my dad called to say he had a leaky pipe, so I didn't get home to relax to almost midnight and I had been up since 5 am. So I was asleep about the same time I closed my eyes.

Today, I had more baseball tournament, my father-in-law and then my dad to to visit. So I am just getting a few minutes to post. So my apologies for the delay.

JUSTA is correct, the day was fabulous. I think we are touch light on cars this year but I have not heard the official count.

I got JUSTA mad at me since he and I were shopping in the swap meet area and I snagged this before he even saw it. It is an original Ace Wilson Royal Pontiac license plate frame. Royal Pontiac was one of the factory race dealerships back in the sixties. The tag said make offer, I did for $10.00- it was mine. JUSTA still hasn't forgiven me for that since he's been looking for one for quite awhile too.

IMG_8666_zps9a4cc898.jpg

This year is the 50th Anniversary of the introduction of the GTO. To that end, a special award for the best overall GTO, as judged and presented the North Oakland Bowtie Club (a Chevrolet club) since no Widetrackers can vote for any awards at the show. Our own Eric White was judged to be the best overall GTO with his '67. Eric is an Pontiac author and graphics artist in his own right. Also, it is Eric's car that is on the cover of Jim Wanger's book, "Glory Day's". The car was photographed several years ago by the late Pontiac and automotive photographer and writer and editor Paul Zarazaine. So kudos to Eric on his win.

IMG_8665_zps5e067766.jpg

The cover of Glory Days

5138MYWCJAL._SY300_.jpg

Solstices were will represented with a GXP and convertible. Loved the sign too.

IMG_8557_zpsd71671fb.jpg

IMG_8559_zps27eff6f3.jpg

Here is another piece of uber-rare Pontiac unobtainuim. An unused license plate from the Pontiac Retail Store. The asking price was $200.00 and he got it. The Pontiac Retail Store was in downtown Pontiac. It was essentially a Pontiac factory store where you could take delivery of your new Pontiac without going thru a real dealer.

IMG_8549_zpsaa5e559c.jpg

Probably the rarest car on the show field. A '73 Pontiac Formula SD-455 4-speed car. Just how rare is it? Lets look at the production numbers. In 1973, Pontiac only made 252 SD-455 Trans Ams, and 43 Formulas. 72 Trans Ams and only 10 Formulas had 4-speeds.

IMG_8586_zps3adef626.jpg

Twin final edition Trans Ams - a T-Top and a convertible.

IMG_8575_zps8a3babba.jpg

Our GMC truck contestants

IMG_8562_zps30bdabd1.jpg

...and two of our three G8s

IMG_8561_zps034e12e2.jpg

Hail to the Cheiftain.....

IMG_8622_zps438e0cef.jpg

Pre-WWII beauties

IMG_8619_zps36e97e99.jpg

What Pontiac get together would not be complete with out a snapshot without a group photo of all FP members present. This time it was JUSTA6, Indymanjoe and myself. JUSTA's daughter took the picture. Killerspeed had car issues and notallthere decided to play in another province of Canada rather than look at chrome and rust, and smell environmentally unfriendly partially burnt hydro carbons....otherwise there might have been more of us.

So in this picture is JUSTA, Indymanjoe, and me. Still ain't sure on the order though.

IMG_8656_zpsbdb92309.jpg

Bingo Ringo. There were several avatars for us to choose from too since I got in trouble last time using someone's face without the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball.

Damn, looks like a great show, i wish i could have made it, but i finished the rebuild saterday morning at 5 am after staying up 24 hours working on it, Then took it for a quick test drive and let it idle for its trip to michigan and a injector oring ( new) was defective and let go, causing it to spray fuel and causing a engine fire, so i ended up taking the van, but by the time i got to michigan ( 330) i figured the show was over, i will make it to the dream cruise this year tho.

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.