Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So, Russia is about to invade Ukraine...

With the Ukraine people overthrowing their Russian set leaders, Russia is moving in to royally fuck Ukraine's shit up, simply speaking.

Will this trigger a bigger war?

All we can do now is sit back and see what unfolds.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Just to show how shit is getting real:

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-russia-ukraine-troops-authorized-20140301,0,3015804.story

Russia wanting to recall ambassador to US

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-crisis-russia-approves-troops-in-region-1.2556228

The Useless Nations Security Council hold a meeting.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26400597

BBC As It Happened report on Russian Invasion.

Basically.

The U.S, and EU have no formal treaties (that I know of) with Ukraine. So there is no NATO-like treaty in place to bring troops in. Quite frankly, what appetite does this country have for war after Iran and Afghanistan? Second, is it any of our business - other than we tend to side with those people that claim they want "freedom" in any revolt?

I expect Russia to crush Ukraine if they bring in troops. To counter, Ukraine builds their own T-84 battle tank and Antonov aircraft manufacturing calls Ukraine home. I think some former Soviet subs are where based in the Black Sea when the Soviet Union collapsed. So there could be some counter damage done to Russia..

There are no treaties and such, but I have seen articles floating around saying Obama will step in if Russia truly invades Ukraine. But I've seen no validity to those statements.

I mean. They've just about invaded Crimea so far.

Is it sad that I just thought that this will make a great material for HBOs The Newsroom?

In all seriousness, I'm not that shocked by this. Russia still want to maintain control of the former Warsaw Pact states, especially Ukraine.

I'm worried what else this could trigger.

Plus, the Ukrainians are tired of their Russian rulers, good for them overthrowing their leaders. Still, muricans still see revolution as something poor/third world countries do. Sad, tbh.

• Founders

Its been one of those weird things. On Reddit there was a guy supposedly from Ukraine doing an AMA (ask me anything) as he was supposedly with the protests since the beginning and reporting on them .He was saying how the EU and the US had not a "treaty" with Russia over the Ukraine but something of the sort and telling EU/US members to contact their respective gov leaders to get action going. A comment I thought that was relevant is some countries are begging for our help when the big stick comes yet others want us out and to stop meddling.

Personally, I think its good Ukraine is wanting to revolt and they want their freedom BUT I think we're too messed up at home to involve ourselves in any extracurricular activities. Ukraine was once part of the USSR and unfortunately its looks like they're going back as they really don't have any military force of their own :\

Latest info on Russian army occupations.

1743710_662036907189055_1918124676_n.jpg

GEE, THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A POSITION FOR AN OFFENSIVE ATTACK AT ALL.

Nope - its an excellent position for a planned offensive followed by a long-term occupation.

I think Putin under estimates the old Warsaw Pact states appetite for Moscow control and rule. I think he has a certain amount of a demigod complex and sees himself as the next great Russian statesmen (ala Lennon, Nikita Khrushchev, or Leonid Brezhnev - no one will say Stalin was a great statesman). Frankly I suspect he'd like to return Russia back into a Communist state, they just can't afford it anymore.

It's very obvious Putin doesn't give a fuck and wants to control Ukraine again.

But things don't look good for them, unless they do get allied help. To which got instigate a global war, since China will back Russia if any other country (like the US) attacks them.

GG, Ukraine.

• Founders

Yeah, during the Olympics it was very familiar when Ukraine walked in, that look on Putins face... like the Queen's back in the London Summer Olympics, "Look at all these countries I used to own"