Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Official: 2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe officially debuts, priced from $41,425*

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Coupe, BMW, Luxury

001-2014-bmw-4-series-coupe628opt.png

Well, that didn't take long. Less than two hours after the first images of the 2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe leaked onto the Internet, we've been given the go-ahead to publish the whole kit and caboodle. And while we won't say we told you so, it looks as though the car's official details are standing true to our earlier predictions.

In other words, BMW will offer the 4 Series in 428i and 435i models, both of which can be had with xDrive all-wheel drive. Just like in the 3 Series, the 428i is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine, good for 240 horsepower and 255 pound-feet of torque, and the 435i gets BMW's turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six making 300 hp and 300 lb-ft. In three of the four models, both a six-speed manual and eight-speed automatic transmission are available; the 428i xDrive can only be had with the auto 'box. The 428i (with rear-wheel drive, we assume) can hit 60 miles per hour in 5.7 seconds (though BMW doesn't specify with which transmission), and the 435i will do that same sprint in 5.3 seconds with the manual and five seconds flat with the eight-speed auto.

4seriesinterior.jpgWe've already dissected the 4 Series' visuals, but the numbers show just how different it is from the 3 Series sedan. The 4 Coupe is one-tenth of an inch longer overall, while riding on the same 110.6-inch wheelbase, is 0.6 inches wider, and has a roofline that's a full 2.7 inches closer to the ground. It looks sleek, incorporating BMW's new design language from the 3 Series with an overall profile that's similar to the larger 6 Series coupe.

BMW will offer the 4 Series Coupe in three different trim lines - Luxury, Sport and M Sport. Much like the 3 Series range, the Luxury line focuses more on overall amenities and upscale appearance, while the Sport and M Sport models are meant to offer the most driver-focused set of equipment with slightly more aggression outside. 18- and 19-inch wheels are available on all models, and M Sport models get a whole raft of equipment including better suspension tuning and upgraded brakes to make the whole package more exciting on the road. The cabin doesn't look all that different from the 3 Series, incorporating the same suite of technological goodies and creature comforts, and is offered in a variety of hues.

The new 4 Series goes on sale later this summer, and BMW has already confirmed that pricing will start at $41,425 (*including destination) for the 428i Coupe - an increase of $1,650 versus a 328i sedan. From there, the 428i xDrive rolls in at $46,925, the 435i starts at $43,425, and the range-topping 435i xDrive will set you back $48,925. Have a look through our huge gallery above to see the new 4 Series from all angles, and scroll down for BMW's lengthy press release with all the nitty-gritty details.

Continue reading 2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe officially debuts, priced from $41,425*

2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe officially debuts, priced from $41,425* originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:03:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=d398Q7CrXcc:uPeOdUDEX-g:wF9xT autoblog?i=d398Q7CrXcc:uPeOdUDEX-g:V_sGL
d398Q7CrXcc

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/d398Q7CrXcc/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Looks like those rumors were true. Sucks there won't be anymore 3-series coupes since they split them, but it could mean better M series models for the coupes.

I like the lines for the 4 series better than the current F23 sedan.