Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

SoCal Fun Day at the Runway!

Good Day to all!

Alright, as some of you know I am in the Marine Corps and I am stationed on Camp Pendleton.

The Marine Corps Ball is coming up for my unit and we are doing a lot of fundraising to get the price of our tickets down to a much lower price or free for the lower ranks, that will be attending. As of right now, the tickets are $100 a person and we need to get this number lower otherwise a lot of the junior Marines will not be able to attend the great festivities that the Marine Corps Ball has to offer them.

My plan for a fundraiser is what it states in the title; a "SoCal Fun Day at the Runway."

The plan is to have 2 lane drag races down the runway.

Here are some of the ideas that have been brought up for the day so far:

Who: TBD.

When: Saturday, 7 July 2012 (Tentative Date)

Where: MCAS Camp Pendleton, CA

Why: To support our Military and help the Marines of my unit to have a successful Marine Corps Ball.

How: As of now I need names and a phone number, so I can create a list and submit it to my bosses to get this approved.

Cost: Donation of at least $50 per car

This is still in the very beginning stages of planning and I would love any and all support from anyone in the area!

I will be contacting a few motorsport companies in the area to see if they would like to come up and set up a tent so you can see some of their gear or parts.

Please send your contact info to my email: [email protected]

If you have any ideas or would like to help in the planning process please let me know, as I know I will only be able to handle some of this on my own.

Lucky for me I can work with the Military side a little easier than the Civilian side. :D

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice. think you can sneak in a car show and make it a 2 day event? jus another idea for fund raising.

well that seems like a perfect amount of time for an early car show. that way you do an admission fee and maybe raise the per car fee a little more if they choose to do both events and also have the single event fees for those who want one event. entering your car?

Wow. The Marines will let you do that on their airstrip? I'm in the Air Force up at Beale (North of Sacramento) and I think I'd be laughed into oblivion for even suggesting something fun on the airstrip. I'd sign up (and probably lose miserably) if you guys weren't so far away.

It's a very slow air field... Only helos haha also, it's closed on weekends.

I think we are just going to do drag races. Thanks though Ghost. ;)

Sent from my mind using telekinesis.

Sounds like fun... How far in advance do we have to let you know if were going? Might be willing to go if I need to take a trip to TJ... ;)

Sounds like fun... How far in advance do we have to let you know if were going? Might be willing to go if I need to take a trip to TJ... ;)

Right now, I am getting a list of those interested. So I can present it to my command on Friday of next week. I'll be updating these posts and the people that have emailed me any time I get something new.

pass it to other forums?

You can but, make sure that they email me please? Thank you!

Just so you guys know, I am still working on details and I will have to contact MCCS (Marine Corps Community Services) tomorrow to make sure there are no lines that I'm crossing that they need to be involved in. They like to have their hands in everything that has to do with outside money coming in.

Total head count so far is 21.

I have this posted on:

- LS1GTO.com

- Luxury4Play.com

- ForeverPontiac.com

- SoCalMuscle.net

- LS1Tech.com

- LS1LT1.com

- MBJunkies.com

- SoCalEuro.com

- CarGathering.com

- GMEternal.com

- G8Board.com

With that said, a lot have said they are interested, however, they have not emailed me with their info to add to the list. If I were to add all of those together we would be closer to 40-45 people.

Thanks for the support guys! :D

UPDATE: I have a meeting set up with the Air station SAFETY officer to get all this drawn up to present to the Commanding Officer and to make sure that everything will be covered security and safety wise. Since he is the one that sets up that type of stuff for the motorcycles that have this done, he already knows the routes we need to take.

The meeting is on the 26th. So I won't have much more updates until then.

Unless, does anyone know where I'd be able to rent/borrow the equipment for a Chrstmas tree and a time slip generator for a 3/4 mile drag set up? :D

• Founders

Unless, does anyone know where I'd be able to rent/borrow the equipment for a Chrstmas tree and a time slip generator for a 3/4 mile drag set up? :D

I could program something with a radar system but I charge $125/hr :D

So what should it be?

- Roll racing with just cones, a guy that says go and a speed gun, or

- from a stop with a christmas tree and time slips?

I've been getting interest for both...

Well, good news. There might be a good possibility this could be put together in conjunction with SHIFT S3CTOR.! We will find out for sure on the 26th after my meeting with the Safety Officer. If we aren't going to be working with them, I'd like to thank Ryan for helping me get ideas and information about the set up and planning!

any new info? also some feedback from others...$50 might be a bit much, autocross/drag/& drift event, bikini car wash. can you bring some stadium bleachers? :D and do like a few bucks for spectators?

any new info? also some feedback from others...$50 might be a bit much, autocross/drag/& drift event, bikini car wash. can you bring some stadium bleachers? :D and do like a few bucks for spectators?

Hahaha really? $50 is too much? Do they realize what they are getting into? Try going to Barona and doing drag racing for less than $100!

There is no way that it is going less than $50 in fact it'll probably go up. I have people telling me to raise it because we won't profit right now where it's at. Prices will probably be at about $85. Honestly, if they don't want to show up, I'm fine with that, seeing as I have Aston Martin and Ferrari dealerships that have contacted me wanting to bring out customers cars.

Anyway, no, nothing new as of now. I am waiting for more information from the meeting I am having on Thursday.

Thanks!

UPDATE EMAIL SENT OUT! Check your inbox or spam if it's not in there. If you haven't sent me your email, you did not get one sent to you. If you have sent me your email and did not get one let me know!

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.