Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

pictures for calendars and potm

On most other forums im on its a requirement to not have driveway pics. mainly because theyre kind of tacky. some of these people have really nice cars and then you see the pics on a driveway, seems kind of weak in my opinion.

Are you guys against it being a requirement to go OUT of the driveway to take pics? I mean the cars have to be driven theyre cars. how hard is it to go find a place and get some pics besides a garage door and a house background?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

does it really matter for POTM? i would prefer that rule for the calendars along with the high res pic and absolutely no logos rules. but Ringo didnt say anything about the home pics.

...im not keen on a bunch of driveway pics on my calendar lol...

unless its a nice mansion that emphasizes the greatness of your pic. :lol: ill allow that.

...id prefer a tad more effort from submissions. is that wrong?

^^^this. and no.

I would agree on the calendar but not everyones good with a camera. But I will be voting on the pics best for a calendar not just the car. :lol:

• Founders

The reasoning behind this is for POTM, you're judging the car not really the picture as stated. For the calendar, it's allowed because even though you entered your picture does not mean you're going to be in the calendar, there is still a voting session we have to move through. The voting SHOULD clear out any bad pictures that other members do not want in the calendar but it gives everyone a fair chance.

By any means too should someones picture bother you, you can remove it from the calendar once you get it because after all it's just paper :lol:

I agree 10,000%. I'm a photographer. I haven't submitted a picture because I don't feel any of mine are good enough to be in a calendar. I know already which photographs I'm voting for and there aren't many of them, but that's my artistic opinion. This is why I need to get off my butt and get back into automotive photography! :lol:

u dont have to be a photographer.. just seems lazy to me. if u have the time to snap a pic. how hard is it to go to a parking lot or something?

i would have gone to a nice park or something but my parking brake is stuck.

• Founders

u dont have to be a photographer.. just seems lazy to me. if u have the time to snap a pic. how hard is it to go to a parking lot or something?

Depending on the parking lot I'd say a drive-way is better :lol:

Right now it's just water under the bridge really, I'm not going to remove those people's entries because I didn't originally state it in the rules. Really though it shouldn't matter, if that's what they want to submit their entry so be it. Like I said the calendar is about photos so the best photos should be voted into the calendar, if you don't like the photo don't vote for it ;)

Closing the topic due to it met it's requirements