Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Guy selling photos stolen from me on ebay

LN7_NUT

I was just sent a link to this piece of work selling stolen copyrighted photos as fridge magnets on eBay.

Click Here

Here is my photo http://quanticchaos1000.deviantart.com/art...narch-179765646

the_mighty_monarch_by_quanticchaos1000-d2z1026.jpg

And did you know that to report something on eBay you have to print it off, and then fax it to them... so I have to run around town wasting time just to do it... RAEG!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I had a problem with some of my stuff before too. people suck !

Dear ln7_nut,

Okay Ink7_Nut, Do you not want this photo up?? I'm not Sure were this photos from, Probably DeviantArt. But if you tell me it's yours, I can take it down and Replace it with another photo of the same car. Ebay is very poor at controlling this problem and will probably do nothing. I'm sick of people selling Coke and other Name Products. I'm a young kid and at This point don't make very much money considering I don't have someone here willing to work for 30 cents a day. I'm saving to buy a classic myself and ever little think helps. Most people enjoy the Magnets and I get a lot of praise. Some on the other hand are not soo happy but for the most part people are happy. They usually buy some after I talk to them, I make all my products in USA. Also Everything but the Ink is From an American Company, Yes This puts me at a disadvantage but I like it this way. If you have a problem with the photo which is actually different a little It will be taken down. I did Frame in and Fix the colors on it:). I can send you a copy if you want!!~ Thank You Magtech...

- magtech11

So he will remove this photo and substitute it for another of my photos of the same car??

And apparently it's eBays fault he is stealing photos... :lol:

Yea people that steal photos and photoshops just dont get why its wrong. :lol:

Yea you should talk to Jim, he helped me with my issue. :lol:

• Founders

Yea you should talk to Jim, he helped me with my issue. :lol2:

Yup, basically under the "license" given out by DA they are free to use through non-commercial or no profitable gains. He is making a profit (doesn't matter how small) thus illegal against the Terms of Use. Doesn't matter if you have a copyright over the image or not so don't fall for that if he tries and pulls it.

same thing happend to a Cobalt owner. rim company took his pic and turned it into an ad.

If his eBay listings lead to a website he owns, contact his hosting company and domain name registrar.

You could file a DMCA and have his site shut down if he doesn't comply.