Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Disc Brake conversion B-body 63 Catalina

Go to solution Solved by 64 kiwi boni,

Hey everyone, thanks again for your help with my last I'm searching for a disc brake conversion kit for my )3 Catalina.  But I prefer to not buy Wilwood or Baer.   Do you all recommend a brand / company who makes for the 63 Cat?  I searched BOP, but they only have Front. 
cannot find anywhere!!!  

thanks again. 

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Solution

Aaron, this is what i am looking at buying for my 63 safari project.....:dancingpontiac:

https://www.mpbrakes.com/product-category/pontiac-bonneville-1963.asp

but i am sure the guys will see your post and add their thoughts :cheers:

wrongway is currently fitting 4 wheel discs to his 63 grand prix 

• Like 2

There is a guy on Ebay that sells a front and rear disk brake conversion for 1959-1964 Pontiacs for $1000. I've dealt with this man in the past, kind of short with you about answering questions but at least he is honest. I was able to get a list of doner cars and sit down with my parts guy and go thru and buy parts for most of my kit that way. Buying the eBay kit would have been a lot easier :lol:.

Here's the eBay item number: 333289058045. It never lets me copy & paste the link. Not sure why, it's probably me.

I’ve seen this kit. On eBay. TomsClassics. 
I definitely like the price.  But scares me. That it’s so much cheaper than all the others.  I can cut corners on a few things. But brakes is not 1 lol.  If I can find some reviews to help confirm I’ll definitely go this route. Thanks   I’ll post pics and info when I do. 

• Like 2

I have spoken with him a few times regarding this kit and even sourced a couple of the parts from him that the auto parts store could not get. The few parts I have received were pretty decent quality. I sold a duel quad intake to a guy in Ohio a few weeks ago. He's also dealt with Tom's. He bought a kit for his 65' Riviera and said most of the parts were from China but seemed good quality. I asked him to send me pics was the car was done so we'll see. Let us know what you end up doing bro.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wrongway said:

There is a guy on Ebay that sells a front and rear disk brake conversion for 1959-1964 Pontiacs for $1000. I've dealt with this man in the past, kind of short with you about answering questions but at least he is honest. I was able to get a list of doner cars and sit down with my parts guy and go thru and buy parts for most of my kit that way. Buying the eBay kit would have been a lot easier :lol:.

Here's the eBay item number: 333289058045. It never lets me copy & paste the link. Not sure why, it's probably me.

Wrongway !!!!! your the man !!!:bowdown:that complete kit is only 1600 nzd !!! thats half the price i was looking at for the mpbrakes.... thank you mate !!!:cheers:

i see its a auto city classic kit... anthing that you see wrong-way with it ?... i wonder why the spacer behind the booster is all ? 

3 hours ago, Wrongway said:

I have spoken with him a few times regarding this kit and even sourced a couple of the parts from him that the auto parts store could not get. The few parts I have received were pretty decent quality. I sold a duel quad intake to a guy in Ohio a few weeks ago. He's also dealt with Tom's. He bought a kit for his 65' Riviera and said most of the parts were from China but seemed good quality. I asked him to send me pics was the car was done so we'll see. Let us know what you end up doing bro.

That definitely helps!!  I will do. Thanks again for the advice 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Aaron63Cat said:

That definitely helps!!  I will do. Thanks again for the advice 

Aaron, justa a side note.... i had a look around the interwebby thing and found nothing but good words about Tom and auto city classics, especially on the tri five forum.:cheers:

which is good enough for me hahahaha. cheers:dancingpontiac:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I purchased the kit but had him upgrade the booster to chrome and the hoses to stainless instead of rubber. Be here the 9th. I’ll post pics when comB4FF3089-10C4-4790-AD0E-8B4A251442A1.thumb.png.5a22b644f6aab460315cc59a8c28974b.pngpleted 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aaron63Cat said:

I purchased the kit but had him upgrade the booster to chrome and the hoses to stainless instead of rubber. Be here the 9th. I’ll post pics when comB4FF3089-10C4-4790-AD0E-8B4A251442A1.thumb.png.5a22b644f6aab460315cc59a8c28974b.pngpleted 

yes please Aaron ! i want to buy the same kit for the safari,, i would certainly like to hear your thoughts on the kit !

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2