Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

SCSRPM85's 1969 Firebird

2021 November
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Gen 3 factory ram air

does anyone have the factory hoses available or know of any where to buy them if they are made ?

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP BBC GTA.

Can you be more a little more specific? What hoses are you looking for? 

Anybody mention we are huge on car pic's round here?  Welcome to the site.

23 hours ago, BBC GTA said:

does anyone have the factory hoses available or know of any where to buy them if they are made ?

The ram air hoses are what I was talking about. Sorry for leaving out some specific wording. 

• Haha 1

I am still a bit confused. The 3rd gen Trans Am with the Ram Air Hoods that I am aware of had Tuned Port or LT-1/LT-4 engines. They had a special rectangular air cleaner box mounted to the radiator core support just in front of the engine and a small rubber duct hose (about 6-8 inches long) going from the air cleaner assembly to the engine's throttle body. The air cleaner assembly meet up with the holes in the hood.

image.png.00cb1669e7028a7b2eabadde7eee8740.png

This picture was taken from Classic Industries' catalog.

The picture you are showing reminds me of the old Hurst Olds cars and special built cold air induction systems. I assume this is the style of hose you are looking for?

• Confused 1

I remember seeing in a Jeg's catalog for a universal kit from Spectre. It has 2 - 42" long hoses. I don't know if Jegs or Spectre sells the hoses separately. You'd have to call them.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Spectre/865/728/10002/-1

image.png.97fd2fb111e4e3fc2253e57e0c1b6c97.png

These are factory GM hoes , they are fore a Carburetor engine. I believe they came on Camaro as well.  
In the picture I posted above , the air cleaner and hoses fit under a stock flat hood.  All the parts have a GM part number on them. 

Back to pic's.....show us the whole car.  With hood open and closed.

This looks like a '68 Olds W30/W31 set-up to me. There are folks that re-pop those parts since this is popular for the Cutlass/442 guys.

http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/products.asp?dept=251

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Think this might be what you are looking for..Don't know if would still be available..This is at least a 20 year old catalog...

16376910271206132305014713811436.thumb.jpg.b3701242aec87eb564bb02ed8304cf1f.jpg16376911015163346506926185116007.thumb.jpg.21f2fcfebff98cbab5cda98bd205870f.jpg

• Like 1