Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I thought i was getting spark but after using a spark checker it wont even light up so the spark i do see obviously isnt sufficient.

I have a new coil  & new spark plugs.

The distributor looks old!!  Possibly even original. The point in condenser look pretty  ratty so im going to change out everything..

My problem is after removing the bolt & flange, its not budging!!!  I sprayed it with WD40 and let it sit for about an hour but it still won't move. I sprayed it again and I'm going to let it sit overnight.

Can anybody offer some insight as to removing this it should just wiggle free but it's not even moving at all!!!

Also after removing the cap and wires to get them out of my way, i saw  these 2 wires floating around going to nowhere, they are in the harness of 3 wires with the ignition wire that goes to the coil.

Thank you

20210707_163337.jpg

20210707_163345.jpg

20210707_163352.jpg

20210707_163413.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

What color are those wires coming off the distributor? White? White & green?

Edited by Frosty

I suspect you have an old Delco transistor distributor that was once connected to a factory pulse amplifier box that in turn triggered the coil. This was a feature on some high performance cars in 1965 and 1966. Corvettes and other high performance GM cars got them. If you have your Pontiac Historical Service build sheet, it would be RPO K66.

That's my guess anyway. Your PHS documentation will tell you if it is original to the car or not.

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

I suspect you have an old Delco transistor distributor that was once connected to a factory pulse amplifier box that in turn triggered the coil. This was a feature on some high performance cars in 1965 and 1966. Corvettes and other high performance GM cars got them. If you have your Pontiac Historical Service build sheet, it would be RPO K66.

That's my guess anyway. Your PHS documentation will tell you if it is original to the car or not.

frosty how does that work ? i can see chuck has points in his dissy

Hey Frosty

I believe your right.

It had a delco Remy tag on it..i finally got it out!! It weights about 10lbs LOL...

What a pain in the ass. Im going to order a new distributor soon.

Thanks.

20210713_162524.jpg

It was definitely converted because i replaced points & condenser out of it.

Im in the process of looking for a new distributor.

Ill keep you guys updated..

Would you recommend i go to HEI If im changing the distributor.

My preference would be to get one that doesn't require points and condenser. I converted my stock non-HEI to breakerless with a Pertronix Igniter II kit (now it is the Igniter III kit).