Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

62 Grand Prix AC

I am looking for something that shows where all of the vacuum lines go under the dash and under the hood for the heater and ac.            This is a factory ac car. I want to replace all the lines.  I’ve tried to find a book on the heat/ac for a 62 Grand Prix with no luck.  I think that a 62 Catalina is the same, but I’m not sure.  I hope someone out there can help me. Also is there an old Pontiac mechanic near Sacramento ca.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I looked and looked for a schematic for the vacuum lines on my 63 GP. Never could find ANYTHING that showed them. If you do happen to find them let me no please. Good luck

Nope, nothing in either of my manuals about A/C. They had a separate A/C manual. You can get it on ebay for about $25. Not sure if these pictures will help but I screen shot the pages I did find for a 62' on line. Keep us posted, good luck bud.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Wrongway

I have a 1963 air conditioning shop manual..Don't know if it will help...But might be worth a try....What exactly is it that you're looking for..??

Also have a friend (work with him) with a 62 Grand Prix with functioning factory AC..If all else fails....Might be very possible to take a really  close look at it...and take photos or draw out a crude schematic....

0427181651b.jpg

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 2

Any help I can get  I had to replace the heater core and the vacuum came off and now I don’t know how to put them back. I had a friend install the heater core and he didn’t hook the vacuum up correctly. The ac lines are working but winter is coming and my girl will need heat and me too. I think I ordered one from OPGI but I haven’t gotten it yet to find out if it shows the connections. Everything is hard to find for the 62. Thanks. If I got the right book I’ll let you know 

• Like 1