Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fuel line, Pump to Carb.

Go to solution Solved by Frosty,

I have a chevy 305 that I'm replacing the fuel pump on. I have the pump out, but the fuel line running from it to the carb sheered off when it wanted to spin with the tapered nut. My question: are there pre-bent lines out there that might fit? I have a old Rochester 2bbl carb on it and most replacements I see list aftermarket holleys or edelbrocks. Or is this just a "get a line and bend it yourself, chump." situation?

The other thing I've seen pop up is flexible lines. Are these better or worse than a metal line? My concern would be vibration fatigue and heat, anyone know a thing or two about these? But the ease of installation sounds tempting.

Thanks all. 

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Havoc - haven’t heard from you in awhile. Yes, there should be plenty of pre-bent SBC fuel lines out In the aftermarket. Does your Rochester 2-bbl feed fuel from the very front of the carb like Pontiacs Quadrajets do, or does the fuel line come off to the passenger side of the carb like all Chevy 4-bbl Quadrajets do?

Classic Industries, Jegs, and Summit Racing should have pre-bent stainless lines on the shelf.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

Havoc - haven’t heard from you in awhile. Yes, there should be plenty of pre-bent SBC fuel lines out In the aftermarket. Does your Rochester 2-bbl feed fuel from the very front of the carb like Pontiacs Quadrajets do, or does the fuel line come off to the passenger side of the carb like all Chevy 4-bbl Quadrajets do?

Classic Industries, Jegs, and Summit Racing should have pre-bent stainless lines on the shelf.

Yes, the line goes into the front of the carb makes a turn at the waterpump and goes down the side under the alternator bracket to the pump. So if that's the case would I be looking for a fuel line compatible with a 305/quadrajet combo? 

Thanks for the info y'all. I haven't worked on this car in a few years. I'm a little older, I have some more cash in my pocket, and I have a little more mechanical experience under my belt. (Plus I can weld a little now too). I got sick to my stomach seeing my girl rot away in the woods. Good news, lights and starter still work. Coolant is still full and rich green, oil is full and crystal clear (changed it prior to parking her). Engine fires right up with some starting fluid, but fuel delivery is an issue right now. I think brake lines are gonna need to be fixed and the big ticket item is the transmission. Tranny leaks so much that after 24hrs it wont drive, hopefully its something as simple as seals. Surprisingly 3/4 tires are still full of air lol.

• Solution

You should be able to get a fuel to carb line off a Nova, Camaro, Monte Carlo, etc., anything that ran a 305, 307, 327, 350, or 400 2-bbl back in the day.

• Thanks 1