Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2000 Grand Am bumper cover removal

01GPGT

ok any one know how to remove the bumper? i have not idea how it's even on as most of the push pins are gone lol

bolted on some where?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

There are a series of bolts where the bumper meets the fender on each side. Huge PITA to get to, but I believe that's it other than all the pins/air dam bolts.

There are a series of bolts where the bumper meets the fender on each side. Huge PITA to get to, but I believe that's it other than all the pins/air dam bolts.

Ha, beat me to it. Bryan pretty much summed it up. And yup, you'll have fun getting those bolts.

You getting a totally new front bumper?

no i want to see why the head light is pused in.

i did noticed it has a replacement header panle. has a company name on it. also the trans looks lik it was replaced onece it has a junk yard tag on it.

the replacement header panle was not put in correctly as the drive side header light is pushing out so the who thing is cockeyed.

one cool bonus the car has KYB GR-2 struts and lower springs of some sort i was wounder why it sat lower then others lol (about an inch)

new qustion how do i remve the god dang hed lights *RAGE!!!!!!!*

The headlights are easy.

Remove the radiator shroud (it says ram air) and above each headlight are two push clips. Wiggle them upwards, and the whole headlight assembly comes out.

Also, I want springs plz.

' date='Sep 29 2010, 06:30 PM' post='37561']

The headlights are easy.

Remove the radiator shroud (it says ram air) and above each headlight are two push clips. Wiggle them upwards, and the whole headlight assembly comes out.

Also, I want springs plz.

really? i feal like an idiot now lol

and the springs are mine this car is better then i first thought lol

how to remove the bumper is....there are 3 bolts on each side that hold the sides to the fenders.....there is like 4 pull tabs on the top....and there is a few under the car in the front....not as bad as all these guys are making it out to be......pretty easy IMO

no i want to see why the head light is pused in.

i did noticed it has a replacement header panle. has a company name on it. also the trans looks lik it was replaced onece it has a junk yard tag on it.

the replacement header panle was not put in correctly as the drive side header light is pushing out so the who thing is cockeyed.

one cool bonus the car has KYB GR-2 struts and lower springs of some sort i was wounder why it sat lower then others lol (about an inch)

new qustion how do i remve the god dang hed lights *RAGE!!!!!!!*

wut da hayll?