Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Upgrading the G6 Intake

In February i'm going to be upgrading my intake but I'm not sure whether to go with the Injen cold air intake or the Crabs intake with the metal piping, any suggestions from my fellow g6ers?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crabs by far!! Crabs are specifically designed for our cars and look by far better in my opinion. Sounds awesome too! Plus your supporting Robert as well.

:lol2::huh: and supporting this site.

Intakes for the 3.5L G6

Here is a link to a bunch of intakes on ebay

If you go this route make sure you get the one for the 3.5L. The Injet one also can be found here.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=in...mp;_osacat=6030

I have this one and it has worked great with no issues.

Cold air intake/fender well style.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-Ponti...=item4838d9cdc4

crab intakes

The site vendor make sure you tell him ForeverPontiac sent you.

http://www.crabintakes.com/

I cleaned up the thread please stay on topic.

thanks Jedi3

I was on topic...

I have both. Since Lampoon was out of the FPU I used my Injen tube and I have the Box and filter and coupling from the CRAB.

:lol2: So how well is the combo working out for you with the Injen Crab intake?

Marks sounds good!

And this looks like a really good deal!

I have this one and it has worked great with no issues.

Cold air intake/fender well style.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-Ponti...=item4838d9cdc4

Well at first I had this....

DSC01182.jpg

^^ I made that with items laying around the garage. I had to extend the wires to the maf.

Now I have the Lampoon CAB....And I love it.

DSC01284.jpg

I loved the first setup, but I didnt feel like taking off my headlight everytime to clean the filter, plus I didnt want to risk the filter popping off.... ;)

:lol2: So how well is the combo working out for you with the Injen Crab intake?

It's working really good, It sounds deeper and now people are looking at my car when I take off. Something new to me! :lol2:

It's working really good, It sounds deeper and now people are looking at my car when I take off. Something new to me! :woot:

the car has a nice growl.

It's working really good, It sounds deeper and now people are looking at my car when I take off. Something new to me! :unsure:

Huh?? I never noticed any growl, and I had that exact setup as you. (Injen w/ CAB) Its as loud as what my setup is now. I guess from having a CAI since I bought it an 06...I just dont notice anymore. :woot:

24.jpg

Have any of you guys tried heat wrapping your setup yet?

I had that setup too.... :lol2: Sheesh...I went through a bunch of setups. :P

50.jpg

51.jpg

I had that setup too.... ;) Sheesh...I went through a bunch of setups. ;)

50.jpg

51.jpg

Mine looks exactly like yours, however I used Aluminum Foil tape aluma-grip.AFT-701_group.jpg

but I first insulated it with this thing bubble wrap

16937-aluminum-foil-bubble-heat-insulation-1.jpg

Then I wrapped the Foil Tape around the whole thing. I don't know if it helps AT ALL, but I'm thinking it certainly keeps any heat transfer to a minimum when it's hot outside and hotter under the hood.

I do have a little more ghetto fabulous installation though, cause I'm using Twist ties to support mine at the turn into the fender......You've got a custom metal piece going to the support there.

I know I know. :pics_NOW:

BAMBAMMs looked like crap! lol It was all silver! hahaha

Now I've definitily gotta get it changed up! :lol2::P:o:o

Mine looks exactly like yours, however I used Aluminum Foil tape aluma-grip.AFT-701_group.jpg

but I first insulated it with this thing bubble wrap

16937-aluminum-foil-bubble-heat-insulation-1.jpg

Then I wrapped the Foil Tape around the whole thing. I don't know if it helps AT ALL, but I'm thinking it certainly keeps any heat transfer to a minimum when it's hot outside and hotter under the hood.

I do have a little more ghetto fabulous installation though, cause I'm using Twist ties to support mine at the turn into the fender......You've got a custom metal piece going to the support there.

I know I know. :pics_NOW:

Now I've definitily gotta get it changed up! :lol2::lol2::o:o

and now here are the pictures of my intake! I can't wait for the crabs FPU!

2010-01-26%2015.54.19.jpg

2010-01-26%2015.54.05.jpg

2010-01-26%2015.53.38.jpg

2010-01-26%2015.53.24.jpg

Hope you all get a really good laugh, too!