Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Meguiar's won me back..

Here's a few pics of the headlights, I decided to go RE-sto crazy today haha:

100_1361.jpg

100_1354.jpg

100_1347.jpg

that looks like puke but I have saw dust over an oil spill.. had an accident when I changed my oil Friday haha

The tails.. ha, the re-sto really worked well on these, the tops were all foggy, as you can see:

100_1305.jpg

100_1308.jpg

looking MUCH better now!!

100_1335.jpg

not to advertise but before today I hated Meguiar's!!

I was impressed, but still, both my tails and heads need to be wet sanded and have a new clear coat put on them. I'm not sure how to go about doing this so I'm just waiting for someone who has a clue to come along and give me a hand!! :

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

plast-x is a great resto product

just be aware that it is a minor abrasive and by using it you have removed any remaining protective coating and thus.. you might find yourself doing this on a frequent basis from here on out

ill do some looking around see if i can find something for a new finish

plast-x is a great resto product

just be aware that it is a minor abrasive and by using it you have removed any remaining protective coating and thus.. you might find yourself doing this on a frequent basis from here on out

ill do some looking around see if i can find something for a new finish

I was thinking in the near future I'd just wet sand them and hit them with a light coat of clear coat, I don't know how that'd work though?

I was thinking in the near future I'd just wet sand them and hit them with a light coat of clear coat, I don't know how that'd work though?

I don't see why that wouldn't work.

nice cleanin job!!!! Meguires has had me as a customer for a very long time. lol. thats all i have for my cleaning supplies. I had Adam's Polishes products as well but I have to order my stuff instead of just go to an autozone and pick up my stuff. lol

Thank you haha. Well, the Meguiars product I hated was the tire shine. I know, WHY would you hate that? The bottle broke on me, the stuff sprayed everywhere when I pulled on the sprayer and I was sticky AND slippery for like a week. Not a good combo. So I officially decided at that time, that I hated Meguiar's. Haha.

i usually go for a cheap brand wash and wax car soap, but last time i was at walmart, meguiars had a new soap called ultimate. since it was a new product, it had a mail in rebate. after the rebate, it was only 5$. before the rebate it was i think 12$. i have never spent more than 5 or 6 on car soap before, but whoa! i love this new soap. didn't take very much and the love bugs came right off. smells like lemonade too.

only bad thing is that i haven't got the rebate check yet. honestly though, i'll buy it from now on. it's worth it.

clear coat would probably work, i would just try and make sure the clear coat you use is safe for plastic and make sure you wet sand the hell outta them because it wont stick and it will haze and orange peal really bad if there is the slightest road grime or pitting in the plastic

just let us know how long it holds up! because i forkin hate cleaning my head lights every month but i dont wanna spend the money on the finish

Yeah definitely. Just a matter of buying all the stuff to act like I'm painting again haha. I used all the stuff we bought for painting my boat.. man that things a beaut :dancingpontiac: haha. I also have to get off my lazy a$s and finish re-doing my garage haha. Once I get the inside of my garage done, then things will start getting done, because I'll have a nice, clean (but dirty) place to work!!

i don't know where to find clearcoat, but i have another idea. would a spray can of clear lacquer work? i've sprayed it on metal parts to protect them for 3 or 4 years now. when i go back, it is still clear. so the lacquer itself won't fade to yellow, but i don't know if it would stop the headlight lens from getting sunburned.

when i get around to it, i'll do some before/after pics.