Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Question about a 1973 Pontiac 400 Engine Numbers

I’m trying to figure out this engine number 

I was told it’s a 73 Pontiac 400 engine but having hard time decoding it 

this is the number on the passenger side front engine block right below the head 

282108 YE 

If there’s anything else I can look at just let me know 

B610B307-9D4E-4D6F-A443-4BA2D3A3AD0F.jpeg

0B460ABC-30FC-445C-AAEB-4B14FA304CC0.jpeg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Hey Paul, that number doesn't show up on the list of block numbers that I have. Not saying that one of the others guys cant run that one. On my 68 engine the block numbers are located on the top, back of the block right behind the passenger side head and the date code is by the oil plug on the distributor pad.

400.jpg

That's a 68-69 400ci

Edited by Wrongway

Ok so I came up with stamped in the back of the block  M226 where the date code shows in your picture 

i could not find any other number

the heads are stamped GM-1 ? Any info 

So looking online is this a December 22 1966 engine? Going off M226

Since I don't see a 400ci listed in 66 id say its most likely a 76. Here's one of the lists that I look at. Hope it helps bro.

IMG_6571.jpg

Not sure how clear that came out on your end Paul, but I can email it to you if you'd like.