Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Multi Piece Oil Pan Gasket Set

Has anyone used the multi-piece oil pan gasket set?  I would prefer to use the one piece but this is what came in the master gasket set for my 75 400.  The rubber seal has an eyelet on each side where the bolt goes through and I'm assuming the 3 rubber seal tabs go through the pan and then you drop the pan down onto the block?  What doesn't make sense to me is that this would cause the surface to be uneven as you have cork gasket going all the way around the block and this rubber seal sitting on top of it.  My thought was to cut the eyelets off the rubber seal as the cork has a cutout for the diameter of the rubber seal and silicone it just like a SB Chevy.  

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

If it were me, I think I'd spring for the extra $25-30 and get a one-piece gasket from JEGS or Summit Racing, rather than risk a leak using the multi-piece unit. Cheap insurance in my book versus a potential leak and having to tear into the motor again in the future.

Exactly!  Don't want to spend all this time putting and engine back together and have a pan leak.  Not fun once it's back in the car.  I thought I could find the 1 piece for $25 but the only one I see are $50+ from Butler.  The one they list on Jegs is for Chevy unless I'm missing something. 

Wow! You are right. The $25 ones are for a SBC. BOP Engineering's oil pan gasket is $49.99 (I doubt this includes shipping and handling either) is the cheapest I've found for a one-piece Pontiac oil pan gasket. The Jegs and Summit Racing one-piece Pontiac gaskets are $120+. That's crazy money. Rock Auto.com doesn't have a one-piece gasket.

https://www.bopengineering.com/pontiac_replacement_parts4.shtml

Hey, thanks for looking.  I would certainly spend the extra money on the 1 piece but sucks that I paid for a master gasket set and have to drop another $60 on this.

Agreed however, a company like Fel-Pro does make hi-quality gaskets. Perhaps not quite the one we want for the oil pan but they do work well for the heads, lifter valley pan, water pump, water inlet, distributor, and valve covers.