Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Californians can now legally break into cars to rescue animals

FeedBot

Driving DogsBy now, everyone knows that it's a terrible idea to leave pets in cars, especially during the warmer months. And yet, we've all seen pets trapped in cars. Sometimes, owners crack their car windows thinking that will help keep interior temperatures low, but in fact, it doesn't do much. Even on a pleasant, 72-degree day, the temperature inside a car...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I've tested this. My old Dodge Colt regularly topped 140f on a sunny day. A lesson I learned the hard way, loosing some skin in the process. My 1981Olds wagon on the other hand NEVER gets more than 15f higher than outside even with all windows tight and in full sun.

The test with the Colt wasn't. I'd just finished work in a hot warehouse. Got to the car, pulled off my sweat soaked shirt and jumped behind the wheel to get my  ass off to cool cottage country. I managed to get the door back open and leap out before I adhered to the vinyl seat, but not before taking enough damage to blister my back. Ever since then, I have a thermometer mounted on the dashboard that I eyeball before I jump in, and I never drive without a shirt on.

The sun stays higher there. Here it's lower in the sky so instead of pounding down on the minimally insulated roof, it shoots straight in the glass .. and the colt had more glass than metal to start with. With the olds ... the glass is virtually flat so it lets less in, and reflects more away. Since that event I keep a thermometer in every car so I've a pretty good read on the issue. The 97 Transport with tinted glass was also remarkably cool. Leave the vent windows open and I'd have no worried about leaving a dog in there for a couple of hours. It definitely wouldn't get any hotter than it would leaving the animal at home.

That said, many electric cars at arriving with A/C that'll run all day.

Edited by Professur
  • Like 1