Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Spring Dustoff June 8, Davisburg, MI

Bruce2799

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay! Just got word that Michigan Widetrackers will present their 25th annual Spring Dustoff, June 8, 2013 at Springfield Oaks County Park, 12451 Andersonville Rd., Davisburg, MI 48350. Pontiac-Oakland-GMC vehicles of all ages. Registration opens at 8 am. Show registration info and updates at: www.widetrackers.com. This is always a terrific, well-attended show with a good swap area and vendor displays.

Bruce were you there? Post any pic's you have.

I just got home from 2 different baseball tournaments. One of the boy's teams actually won the tournament. I will post some pics in a bit. I just now got home and I am starting to upload the pics to Photobucket.

Thanks bud.

Ok - let talk about rare stuff, shall we? Let's start in the swap meet area.

Two hand built rear tail light lens made for the '64 B-bodies cars for the executive review. This is one of a kind set. Parts like these will not see the light of day in today's world. They will simply be smashed and crushed for liability reasons.

100_4531_zpsf6bfe904.jpg

100_4530_zps0165040b.jpg

How about the custom bucket seats out of the '68 Banshee II Concept Car? The gentleman who had it told me that he work at Pontiac Engineering and he was responsible for cutting up the car in 1971. He had with him a copy of the book, "The Fabolous Firebird" which had pictures of the Banshee II in it. Sure enough, the seats matched the picture. The seats fold foward too (on a 2-seat roadster?). He even has the seat tracks for them. His boss let him have them. The car was built with 8 custom Stewart-Warner gages which someone took long before the car was dismantled. Again, these seats would not see the light of day today. What a cool thing to own!

Here is a picture of the concept car.

http://www.favcars.com/pontiac-banshee-concept-car-1968-images-6093

Here are the seats

100_4445_zps43aea090.jpg

100_4444_zps993d7b6a.jpg

OK - let's look at some really rare Pontiacs now that Havoc is off playing with his farm toys!!! :lol2:

First up - Rare Firebirds

A 1969 Trans Am Tribute Car - running a Butler built 400 CI motor, Tremec 5-speed, running on 17" Rally IIs. I still live the lines and the color of the 69s.

100_4572_zps2bf49330.jpg

How about a 1979 Daytona 500 Pace Car Trans Am?

100_4455_zpsa3f0ea49.jpg

Not one, but two 1989 Indy 500 Pace Car Trans Am. Both cars were parade/VIP cars at Indy and then sold. The one on the right was purchased by a woman who drive it for the summer after the 500. Once she knew how popular the Grand Nationals and GNXs were becoming, she stored it for the next 18 years as an investment opportunity. She passed away with the car having only 985 actual miles on it! Her son sold the car to the present owner. This is now a trailer queen for obvious reasons.

100_4478_zpsebec1454.jpg

Last rare Firebird - a very rare '73 SD-455 Firebird Formula. Both the Formula and Trans Am got the SD-455 as an option, but fewer Formulas were built Here is one gorgeous example. It is one of only 33 SD-455 Formulas built with an automatic.

100_4458_zpsd206abb2.jpg

100_4459_zpsbb10925e.jpg

When was the last time you ever saw a '73 GTO? The last year the GTO was off the A-body platform. In '74 is was off the X-body Ventura platform and then it was gone.

100_4582_zpse1a996ca.jpg

A G8 GXP and GT next to each other.

100_4452_zpsdb39958c.jpg

Thanks.

I'll keep going.

Here is one I seriously question the price of this car. It was in the car corral. Its a white 1970 GTO Judge. Now, obviously I don't stare at the VIN to verify it was a GTO. So assuming for a moment that this is a legit GTO Judge, the owner claims to have found it in a field in Florida. He is asking $28,000 for it. For me, this is a project car that needs a complete restoration. The car runs, but it has a vacuum leak at a miniumum or some other tune up/top end issues based on the noise it was making. The pictures do not show the bubbling rust in the C-pillars and rear window frame. So this car will need to some serious love. Another thing I question is that all Judges came without trim rings from the factory. Doesn't mean owners didn't add them later, they just are not correct for the car. Indymanjoe and JUSTA6 saw the car as it was leaving the show. They agreed that for a project car, it is not worth the $28k asking price.

100_4595_zpsc45244cb.jpg

Indymanjoe - note the steering wheel!

100_4594_zpse3105e4e.jpg

Found this one in the swap meet area. When was the last time you saw a Pontiac Beaumont Acadian El Camino? This one has a 421 H.O. in it too.

100_4437_zps443ca2f8.jpg

100_4438_zpsf389933a.jpg

100_4439_zpsc38258b1.jpg

100_4441_zps506502fe.jpg

100_4440_zps10822623.jpg

The truth is - Pontiac and GM never made one. It was a trick quetsion. The owner is making this himself out of parts he can find from an Acadian, Pontiac pieces and, of course, an old El Camino. Looks almost convincing though. The cowl induction hood is a Goodmark piece to make room for the tri-power carbs he is running on the 421.

Here is a FP Classic.

This is a picture of JUSTA6's GTO, his daughter's G6, and my Lemans. This was taken right after the show.

100_4665_zps8e158efe.jpg

The GTO for sale in the real world is worth 28-30,000. RESTORED N DONE. Bottom line without the Barret Jackson crowd chimin in, It's only worth what someones willing to pay. 10 minutes on TV, bidding = 50,000 to the price.

I would beg to differ slightly with you buddy. A restored and done Judge should go a tad higher. It should have a better performing motor - RA III or RA IV - than a stock GTO of the same year. There are fewer Judges built than regular GTOs, so it makes them even more desirable too. I could see a well done Judge at $40-50k. A good, restored GTO of the same year should go for the 28-30K though. I think this car is looking at that much is parts and labor all day. BJ prices - yeah - who knows !?!?

Not at all saying they couldn't go for more, or shouldn't. Southern Motors candystore is here in Clarkston and he has top prices on most everything there. After negotiations final deals are rarely what he had em up for. So much research and checking every detail has to be done before droppin that kind of money.

I forgot about them. They use to be on Baldwin Road, near Waldon, just up the street from the DQ. We use to go to DQ for a Blizzard lunch and walk over to Southern while we ate our Blizzards when I worked at Powertrain (aka old Pontiac Motors complex). The point is he tries to take advantage of the BJish prices to convince people his stuff is worth it. Definitely a buyer beware place.

"Charlie, I thought you said we didn't have any price talent on this team?

I forgot about Dorn, he's just mainly high price."

- Major League

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.