Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Looking into purchasing another DSM

Mariachi

so i have decided to purchase another DSM. what I am planning on getting is a 1g GSX or Talon TSI. this will leave my pontiac to then just be my flashy show car. still a daily driven flashy show car at that.

right now, this is what i am looking at. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1559997699.html

I am OF COURSE not paying 1900 for that car bcuz blue book value for the car is like $1000. ill offer him like $1300 or $1400 and that gives me some leeway for mods.

what you guys think? i am also going to be doing a paint job to it to clean the sucker up since it has all that sun fade on the clear coat that DSM's are notorious for in the black.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't offer him over $1100 for that car... it's way over priced and already requires you to fix it up, plus the way he quoted the problem sounds fishy to me... these cars tend to be the cheap thrills for youngsters who cannot afford a fast car, just be wary, you might be replacing a lot more than you think...

yeah. after further research, no timing belt leaks other than the water pump could be leaking. if thats the case, that is a pain. ill take my chances with another dsm

:cheers: It's a long painful process, but that DSM is out there waiting for ya, you just need to find her ;)

i wish i never had sold my 1g. that thing was soooo amazing and i bought the car in PERFECT condition for a 1g. paint a lil faded but had NO problems. :lol2:

I know how you feel, I really miss my Silvia conversion :) But life moves on, and we have to make do with what we have currently :D

never owned a DSM or anything that was not GM for that matter... Always wanted a 98 GSX. i know it is kind of a girls car but i always thought they were HAWT.

Maybe one day i will get one. or i will make a go kart (civic hatch)

ahahahaha

never owned a DSM or anything that was not GM for that matter... Always wanted a 98 GSX. i know it is kind of a girls car but i always thought they were HAWT.

Maybe one day i will get one. or i will make a go kart (civic hatch)

ahahahaha

:agreed: They are pretty awesome!

2g GSXs arent worth it imho. You can get just as much power or even more power in a 1g. Really nice 2g GSXs can go for 7k or more, but 1g with the same amount of stuff would go the max 4k. Thats just me snooping around craigslist. So to me its a no brainer.. :agreed:

Dom: You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?

Extra: You Tell him Dominic. Get out of here

Dom: Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block... and replace the piston rings you fried.

[closes bonnet of car]

Dom: Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.

DID SOMEIONE SAY NAWZ?!?!?!?!

2g GSXs arent worth it imho. You can get just as much power or even more power in a 1g. Really nice 2g GSXs can go for 7k or more, but 1g with the same amount of stuff would go the max 4k. Thats just me snooping around craigslist. So to me its a no brainer.. :lol2:

YES!!!! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!!! lol. also, if you do some research, the 1g body is lighter than the 2g. I used to own a 1g and a 2g so i know for a fact. lol. I really do want the 1g bcuz its something that most people wont expect. plus, their are too many 2g's. I still LOVE the body and am going to own one in the future but for now, 1g is fine. plus, they are cheaper and the 6bolts have a stronger crank and can withstand more friction than the 2g crank. thats what causes crank walk in the 2g's. too much slippage of the clutch. :lol2:

I actually found a laser turbo that i might look into for 1300obo. imo, its not worth that much bcuz of the body damage. so ill probably low ball him with like $900. lol. ill keep you all updated.

for the 2g Eclipse GS from the fast and furious, that thing was NOT turbo'd. you can easily tell that he has DC sport ceramic headers. I paused the screen to look at all they said and what was funny is that the nitrous wasn't even connected to the intake mani or the intake pipe! WTF!!!!! lol

Hey Hey Hey...

Lookie what i found...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/1587300271.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1582012163.html

Did i do good? Those look alright from a glance and i really like how cheap they are. i guess it is hard to find one that has not been molested.

Hey Hey Hey...

Lookie what i found...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/1587300271.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1582012163.html

Did i do good? Those look alright from a glance and i really like how cheap they are. i guess it is hard to find one that has not been molested.

u did a great job!!! now the only thing is, i can't drive the white one home since it has problemas! lol. but, i would get the white 1g over the 2g. i pretty much know what the problems could be on the 1g but i would have to low ball him a little down to like lg bcuz i have to spend money on a possible head gasket replacement, fuel pump replacement, and also, a fresh rebuild to make sure no further problems occur.

so i found out what im getting for my tax return so their is my re-assurance that i WILL be getting another DSM

so i believe i found my car!!!!

http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/1568689648.html

omg. it has a JDM red top cyclone motor out of the Evo I II and III. best 6 bolt on the market! It might have been raced but the guy lives in flagstaff so its a lot cooler up there. i have to make sure that their isn't any rust bcuz it snowed like HELL out there. its a couple hr drive but it might just be worth it.

Looks like a lot of work.... 178k miles? Needs almost complete overhaul. Bottom end and top. But Im sure you know that there are complete rebuild kits out there.... :welcome:

Looks like a lot of work.... 178k miles? Needs almost complete overhaul. Bottom end and top. But Im sure you know that there are complete rebuild kits out there.... :welcome:

That's on the body. The motor probably has less since US spec DSM's didn't come with those motors. The old school Evo motors are very potent, must go like bloody hell.

If it was me, I wouldnt trust it and just do a complete rebuild anyway. Ive done soo many, that its childs play now... :welcome:

Plus it makes me feel better when I know that "I" replaced everything and the previous owner didnt screw anything up... you know?