Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FlyGTO's 1965 GTO

2023 January
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

It's been awhile (05 gto)

Zdeuce4

well I've been a tad lazy but some new mods have happened

stock- well stock exterior wise.

IMG_20110625_091510.jpg

shoot6.jpg

shoot5.jpg

now-(car at Goatfest7 2011)

IMG_20110917_104913.jpg

IMG_20110917_104432.jpg

IMG_20110917_104454.jpg

IMG_20110929_165019.jpg

IMG_20110907_192218.jpg

IMG_20110907_192237.jpg

IMG_20110907_192224.jpg

flat black wheels. satin black SAP front grills, and satin black rear valence. I had red vinyl for the letter inserts but it wasn't cut correctly. im waiting on my replacement. then i'll be debadging "pontiac" off of the back.

wheels are 17s. i went with them because they are lighter than stock and i plan to run 275s in the rear so I didnt want to have to do too much modifcation in the back to have room for them. Plus i just hated the stock polished wheels. Im not a fan of polished/chrome wheels. Engine covers are gloss black and torrid red.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

i likey....just one question....why silver recessed grills and not black

The top one I assume is old looking at this pic:

IMG_20110917_104454.jpg

Looks great though, ever think of tinting the tails or just smoking them?

The red GTO on the back looks great and I like the black upper grills. I also like how you painted the engine covers. The only thing I think I would change in to paint the fan/radiator shroud red to match the car. The black I think takes away from how clean you have made everything and would flow better into the engine compartment. Lastly im a sucker for the SAP lower grill kit or at least the fake painted one. Over all I love the car thou... Im just thinking out loud.

The top one I assume is old looking at this pic:

Looks great though, ever think of tinting the tails or just smoking them?

you are correct.. front grills are satin black also.. i thought about tinting them, then i changed my mind.since the car is red i dont want to go extreme on the black stuff. red tails on a red car isnt that bad.

The red GTO on the back looks great and I like the black upper grills. I also like how you painted the engine covers. The only thing I think I would change in to paint the fan/radiator shroud red to match the car. The black I think takes away from how clean you have made everything and would flow better into the engine compartment. Lastly im a sucker for the SAP lower grill kit or at least the fake painted one. Over all I love the car thou... Im just thinking out loud.

oh no... that'd be waaaaaaaay too much red lol. im going to throw a red gto decal on a section of it..

another thing i may do is just get teh over the radiator intake then ill basically remove the shroud or cut a piece out of it.

i do like the sap lower portion but for 4xx bucks i cant see myself going that far. i do have a lower splitter.. it looks like this...

DSC_0138.jpg

ive got that sittin around. just need to get it in.

DSC_0138.jpg

I love that frontend!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

The black schoooooops, SAP grills, Fake SAP lower grill & the splitter just look GREAT!!!!

DO WORK SON!

I love that frontend!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

The black schoooooops, SAP grills, Fake SAP lower grill & the splitter just look GREAT!!!!

DO WORK SON!

i like it too but i didnt want to paint anything that couldnt be removed easily. so i just did the saps and ill be throwing on the splitter