Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Possessed Windshield Wipers

So here is the story, about a year ago I started up my car and the wipers turned on by themselves without me touching the wiper switch what so ever, and a for a few minutes it would go and then shut itself off and work like normal. It did this at random (even while driving) for a few months and stopped for almost a year. Now, it started back up 4 months ago, and I changed the fuses and even the wiper switch itself with no luck. I got so frustrated about it that I just removed the fuse for the wiper all together (unless rain was in the forecast). Now it seems to have stopped again. I would also like to add that with the recent issue, is that it did it for longer (up to 10 minutes+ ), but if it had rain, they would work fine until it was dry again. Any ideas? If it starts up again I will record it. :rolleyes:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Check your electrical connection at the wiper motor for corrosion. I have found that can be the primary problem on some of the J body cars. While you are in checking on the electrical check the nuts attaching the wiper transmission to the motor. That nut comes loose on them all the time. Also have a look under your dash for any exposed wires. It is rare but they do rub on different components.