Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2012 Chevrolet Corvette (& Centennial Edition Z06 )

Jedi3

2012 Chevrolet Corvette (& Centennial Edition Z06 )

gets upgraded interior, new tires and options [w/video]

01-2012-chevrolet-corvette.jpg

The Chevrolet C6 Corvette platform soldiers on for 2012, though buyers can now look forward to a few subtle changes compared to the 2011 model. The entire 2012 Chevrolet Corvette line now benefits from a slightly massaged interior that includes a new steering wheel and new seats. The thrones pack more supportive bolstering along the sides and microfiber inserts are also available for the first time as well. The reworked tiller features hide-wrapped spokes and what General Motors calls "streamlined" switch trim. Anyone who has spent time in a recent Corvette will know that these interior tweaks are much-needed improvements.

Otherwise, the base 2012 Chevrolet Corvette will remain remarkably untouched. Those who opt up to Z06 and ZR1 trims will find a few new changes, however. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup Zero Pressure tires are now optional on both the heavy hitters, and the company's engineers say that the new rubber should be good for an eight-percent gain in lateral acceleration and that private testing at Virginia International Raceway delivered an improvement of three seconds per lap over the standard tire.

The Z06 also gets treated to optional gear like performance traction control, a full-width rear spoiler and a carbon fiber hood. The mighty ZR1, meanwhile, will utilize taller gearing in the fifth and sixth cogs to maximize fuel economy. Something tells us they might just help out on the top-end as well. Hit the jump for the full press blast as well as an introductory video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUzI8j59ToM&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Gallery:

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Centennial Edition Z06

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2012-chevrolet-corvette/

02-2012-chevrolet-corvette.jpg

06-2012-chevrolet-corvette.jpg

:blink::driving::)

reminds me of a song.

Hurt So Good :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIFsQbM3ofY

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

>Red lip

A wheel color combo usually held in regard to the import/tuner scene. I can hear the complaints already.

But yeah. It's still a C6. :blink: Don't see the huge commotion. dunno.gif

I've never been a fan of corvettes. I always saw them as a wannabe camero/mustang/gto, but more sporty than muscle i guess. That and every corvette driver ive met is a complete douchecanoe. one asshole got out and tapped the ash of his cigar onto my hood.

FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

But I wills say this one looks good compared to most that ive seen. I still dislike the 4 taillights thought. I just dont like it lol

I always saw them as a wannabe camero/mustang/gto, but more sporty than muscle i guess. That and every corvette driver ive met is a complete douchecanoe.

your kidding right?

"wannabe camero/mustang/gto" just NO way and some of the nicer car guys I have ever met my Dad being one of them. lol but to each his own....

• Founders

your kidding right?

"wannabe camero/mustang/gto" just NO way and some of the nicer car guys I have ever met my Dad being one of them. lol but to each his own....

Camaros, Mustangs and GTO's are wannabe Vettes :lol: Simply put Vettes have always had more power and will always... It depends on the personality of the driver, if he's a car guy usually they're nice but if he just bought it for the mere fact it's an expensive car than yeah they are douche canoes, as most people are who buy things just because they can.

Definitely like the upgraded interior, the steering wheel is standard on everything GM makes, yes even the G6! :D (oddly enough not a Camaro though...). I can say I have something a Vette has :rofl:

All other american cars wish they could have the history of the Corvette and the love it gets. Only other car that comes close to the love and history of a vette is the Stangs..... And IMO the stang drivers are the kings of the american dinks. The new camaro wheel is the same as the buicks/opels I think...

• Founders

The problem with Stangs are there are so many versions it kinda loses it's prestige and I guess iconic history like the Vette has. Like there are $20k stangs all the way to over $100k, if I'm spending anywhere over $50k I kinda feel discouraged if little timmy sheepandfold down the street has a base mustang and is ricing it out. Just my thinking...

You can say this I guess with the Camaro too but I think even with the Camaro there's a little more prestige and rarity because it doesn't have 9 million versions, it only has about 3-4 versions (depending if you count the LS and LT as separate versions).

Back on subject with the Vette, I think this will be a great addition!

That is one car that would compensate for a small penis. I am looking for my cheque book as we speak.

Upside: looks awesome!

Downside: GM cut the color black for the Corvette this year and added some gay light blue. The only way to get a black corvette is to spend the extra dough and get a centennial. Also, GET RID OF THE OUTDATED Z06 ALREADY!!!