Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ok so if you guys can remember when one pully melted and the other was shredded....yea well after work today i heard the squeak that I heard before all that happened....which begts the question...what could be melting the pulley i swear its always in the heat that this happenes so any takers?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:blink: ?

The only 2 things I can think of is something else is broken like the tensioner pulley (is that the one your talking about?) or the belt is on wrong but I dout it. WOW friggen strainge....... Im at a loss..............

ok then Im taking a guess and its the tensioner pulley.

usaly the tensioner pulley is one on a short arm. not sure witch on without looking and I can look but mines a non vvt so I dont know if its diff.

Ok update I just talked to someone that knows a bit about this stuff and he thinks the bearings are bad that the pully mounts too. So he sugests if you never did replace the whole asembly (bearings) not just the pully to do so. He also thinks it could be the tensioner pulley but to start with the bearings to the one that broke before.

• 1 month later...

So is the car sill broken or giving you problems?

You might want to see if you can get a metal ribbed tensioner pulley. I've had problems with plastic ones, switched to metal and never had a problem since.