Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Chevy Equinox Vs GMC Terrain

Ringo64

• Founders

Story short my parents are looking to trade in my mom's 2000 Chevy Venture and they want a new car because the Venture is above 200,000 miles and although there is nothing wrong per say with it (other than age and fear of it catching up to it), they feel its just time for a new car lol. Anyway my mom really likes the GMC Terrain over the Equinox, honestly they're pretty much the same car so my opinion is pretty much get whatever one you think looks better, better interior, etc...

Basically what I was wondering is am I overlooking anything between the cars that is different or anything with these cars that should make us shy away from them?

We are looking at the V6 LF1 versions...

As well we might look into the Buick Enclave if we can find a good deal on it.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have seat time with the new GMC Terrain and there super nice. The Buick Enclave are wicked nice but very pricey.

The Buick Enclave isn't even the same SUV class as the Equinox and Terrain. The Lambada chassis CUVs are enormous, and the Terrain is an excellent small CUV. The LF1 makes excellent midrange torque, and it'll scoot quickly up to 75mph.

The Enclave is overpriced, and if they really want a Lambada CUV, the Acadia or Traverse are much more reasonable choices IMO.

• Founders
' date='Mar 10 2011, 05:51 PM' post='50227']

The Buick Enclave isn't even the same SUV class as the Equinox and Terrain. The Lambada chassis CUVs are enormous, and the Terrain is an excellent small CUV. The LF1 makes excellent midrange torque, and it'll scoot quickly up to 75mph.

The Enclave is overpriced, and if they really want a Lambada CUV, the Acadia or Traverse are much more reasonable choices IMO.

Meh I liked the Enclave and so do they, only way we'd get it is if we got a REALLY good deal on it. Acadia and Traverse are in the mix but kinda again if we get a good deal on them. In reality it will be either the Equinox or Terrain, my dad is a Chevy guy so chances are it will be the Equinox, if I can't perused him enough lol.

My father owns an Equinox. I've driven it also. I think its a nice car but it definitely has less room than the Honda Pilot we had before it. So what I'm saying is its nice, but we never had enough room in the back lol.

• 2 months later...
  • Founders

Went and test drove an Equinox and a Traverse today, I really was surprised in the Equinox. I thought the Traverse was gonna win me over but I think we're goin with the Equinox. It really surprised me with the space it had, I thought it was gonna be cramped but the space was great and the V6 engine has what we need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founders

So I got home today and there was a GMC in our driveway :rofl:

My mom and dad bought the Terrain today, they called me at work because this GMC dealer was also the Pontiac dealer I bought my G6 from and they gave them a good deal with me saying that I was related to them lol.

Pics to come as I'm dead tired after my workout

• Founders

Pictures, more to come just snagged this to tie you guys over... I really like this car, I have to say if I was a SUV guy I would get this or a Torrent. It's an SLT1 Cyber Gray with all the options except sun roof and chrome wheels. Surprising for the weight of this car it has some excellent pickup out of the 3.0L V6, around 250hp and 240ish torque. For sure wish I had that engine in my car.

post-1-1308347917_thumb.jpg

leather or cloth? I know it has two diff leather and two diff cloth styles to choose from so which one of the four does it have???

• Founders

leather or cloth? I know it has two diff leather and two diff cloth styles to choose from so which one of the four does it have???

Black leather interior, it's really nice

Ok so the single tone ones not the two tone ones. any colored stiching?

• Founders

Ok so the single tone ones not the two tone ones. any colored stiching?

Yes, red I believe I'm not sure I don't really remember lol.

but we wanted to get the brown and black interior but they didn't have it and my parents didn't want to order it and there wasn't one around at other dealers with what this had, which was what they wanted.

cant go wrong with black with red stiching but year the black and brown two tone is nice too.