Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

A/C Question HELP!!!!!!

Trying to get A/C working in Grandville, does anyone know where the orifice tube is located?? in factory air system, have installed new Accumulator [updated] but comp only putting out 90lb I don't want to put new comp. on till I check orifice ????

Edited by dualquadpete
update

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Pete - I have a '72 Service manual. Perhaps you and I can talk tonight and I try to find the relevant pages and send them to you, like I did the torque specs. 

Ordered A/C pump and started all over again! Found out orfice tube in old accumulator valve! Installed pump, evacuated system “ again” and recharged. Tripped pressure switch and compressor started while charging, topped off Freon and adjusted pressure switch, 42 F out the vents! New accumulator has a “ reducer block” that takes place of orrfice tube! Left upper vent has no air flow ? Duct hose off or missing? Will find that later as it’s a bitch to get at. Onto the cruise control not operating?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pressure switch "went south " on me, as well as finding a "leak" at high pressure port when "red" dust cap put on!!  Called supplier on VIR conversion valve & they are calling Texas company to see if they will replace valve?? Took a month 1/2 for VIR valve to make it here so I found a valve on Amazon made by same company in the mean time for $ 21 and delivered yesterday!! will install it today & hopefully compressor will cycle. Left red cap off and put a rubber hose over port to keep any "crap" out of valve!!

• Like 1