Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What happens when i cant work on my Pontiac !

64 kiwi boni

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

That missus of yours is a slave driver. Do what I do: put on a crash helmet and some padding and then tell her to f@#k off and leave you alone. This method works for me, although I still get bruised a bit. Thank goodness beer is there to soothe the pain.

Hmmm

might try that 

but then I don’t think so !!! I like my balls ! I don’t think I could part with them ! :rofl:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

yeah mate, kiwis are truly petroheads !! Taupo is just a little place and yet we have dozens of cool old cars here!

this certification stuff is justA pita but we have no choice them be the rulz! :cheers:

i want to get this cortina certified and sold ! i need the space and the boss fancy's the cash!! for her new room !!!

happy wife.... something about life.... death... i forget what the saying is !!:rofl:

• Haha 1

I thought you said you had another purchase in the wings, but you were cagey about details. Your missus is going to kill you. In fact, I have to wonder why she hasn't already!

Many years ago, I had a 70s Valiant and needed some parts. Someone told me of the 'Valiant Man' who had a residence up the road from me. This guy had about an acre and it contained an old Queenslander house amidst a sea of overgrown grass and Valiants everywhere. I turned up to see his long suffering missus hanging up the washing on a Hills hoist in amongst the sea of abandoned wrecks. I often wonder whatever happened to him and for how much longer did she put up with living in a snake infested hovel absolutely bursting with wrecks in various stages of decrepitude. My guess is she finally located his shotgun and let him have it!

There's a cheery thought for you as you drag home the next, ahem 'project.' You keep the shotty locked up, right?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

XYs will always be sought after, much like EHs & HQs - handsome, significant cars. Yeah, go on - get it. Unless there's something drastically wrong with it, you can't go wrong. Have a good look at where the rear leaf springs attach to the body - utes are workhorses and I once had an HG ute and the leaf spring attachment point broke through the floor and goodbye ute - back then it just wasn't worth fixing.

• Like 2

Fitzy that valiant guy has a condo in Waikiki, and is laughing all the way to the bank now ! 

old is gold now and if you have a old car yard your gona be set up for the rest of your life!

iam sure you are seeing where classic car prices are going/gone ! 

6 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Have a good look at where the rear leaf springs attach to the body

i will !!👍

i dont know my falcons ! i only ever had cortinas when i was young!

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

The old crap that we were forced to drive when I was in my 20s are today's 'classics.' The point is that old cars look far better than they drive, unless you restomod it. I had enough old Australian Holdens & Fords to last me a lifetime and simply cannot bring myself to shell out tens of thousands for a four door, bench seat, three on the tree crappy old 6. I wanted my last project to be special, so I went Yank Tank.

Oh - the guy who sold me my GP now has a 65 Bonnie coupe with a factory 421 - about 23k. When I win Lotto...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

The old crap that we were forced to drive when I was in my 20s are today's 'classics.' The point is that old cars look far better than they drive, unless you restomod it. I had enough old Australian Holdens & Fords to last me a lifetime and simply cannot bring myself to shell out tens of thousands for a four door, bench seat, three on the tree crappy old 6. I wanted my last project to be special, so I went Yank Tank.

yeah i understand that:cheers:

• Like 1

I've crawled through enough junked cars in bone yards to see enough rat and mouse turds to last a life time. I can only imagine how thrilled your boss must have been. Imagine the case of gonnasyphilria you could get from these wee beasties! :stars:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1