Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What happens when i cant work on my Pontiac !

64 kiwi boni

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

I never got married (nor had kids) but I still do the 'yes, Dear' thing coz it's just easier that way. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

So does that make us the weaker sex? I think we can all agree that it makes a strong case for it!

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

its cause you like the peace:rofl:

Peace or piece? Spelling is important for reference here.

5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

I like sex AND peace, but not at the same time!

Wow! Ringo would probably have to ban me if I typed my first response to this line.......

• Haha 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

2 hours ago, Fitzy said:

The Walking Dead - an apt description for all of us when someone's wife stumbles across this thread. 

When I'm at work and have to get up at 4am, just like The Phantom, I am the Ghost Who Walks, except not as well built and much more pathetic.

Where have I seen this before?

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY SCREAMING, WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Where have I seen this before?

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY SCREAMING, WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Hunter Stockton Thompson, from The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967

Great line JUSTA. I've very proud of you. The Rodeo Sex line was much better though.

• Haha 1

Nice progress. Footings & foundation work is where all the hard yards are done and little to show for it, BUT you gotta get that bit right. I've done my share of renovations & repairs and am well & truly over it. I wish you well. In fact, I'll come and inspect it in person once God Himself declares that we can come over there unhindered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow ! Great pictures last Indian!!! 

You did a ring foundation justA like I have done !

mostly these days they are pour in one foundation set ups 

but I wanted the foundation to look the same as the rest of the house footings 

i have a 2 week wait now till the frames and trusses arrive ! 

So I have locked in my digger mate for next week and I will lay stormwater drains back to the rain water tanks 

and while I am doing that I am going to get 4 x cad 6 data cables in the trench from the additions over to my garage to future proof for things like cameras etc back to my modem in the house 

currently my computer in the garage office is wifi back to the modem in the house which is not ideal 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Love this shot with the bbq table set up inside the frames and even a tree planted on the corner !!! 👍👍👍image.jpeg.f04097d1957ffa45b065bf288b6ce1ff.jpeg

Oh the stories that pic-a-nik table could tell! Should have bought saw horses, but I have always tended to make use of what I have! Part of growing up dirt poor, literally! 
That table is where I built the frame for my wife’s “74” Camaro! Ripped a 4” hole in my arm and some other goodie’s! Not to mention built my shop on the back of my garage and my front porch.

This a addition was a total of 755 sq. ft. Broke ground April 16 “96” had the whole thing finished on the outside & landscaped by the second week in Sept. Now I look back and say how the hell did I do that! Oh yeah I was only 45!

Anyway. Kiwi not sure what all you have planned for your addition, but one thing I did that really helped, was I ran 4” pvc pipe from the second furnace room, that was included as part of the addition, out of the structure, which exits the building just a little below grade. So any thing I needed to bring into the building after the fact could come through there. Likewise I made a similar connection from that room to my shop that shared part of a wall. Then from the furnace room there was access to the overhead vaulted ceiling. Running down the center of the ceiling. There is a 10” wide oak plate that finishes the ceiling, but it’s removable. All the wiring cabling etc. runs down the center of the ceiling. Then to it’s respective place so a additional adds can always be made. 

Ah that’s good thinking putting in a duct for future wires etc mate 👍

i will have a ceiling space that is acessable so I can do the same 👍

i will be running gas into the new room and doing another big gas fire .. and I will be doing a air ducting to transfer heat to the rest of the house 👍

Now tell me how you put a four inch hole in your arm? 

3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ah that’s good thinking putting in a duct for future wires etc mate 👍

i will have a ceiling space that is acessable so I can do the same 👍

i will be running gas into the new room and doing another big gas fire .. and I will be doing a air ducting to transfer heat to the rest of the house 👍

Now tell me how you put a four inch hole in your arm? 

Stupidity & being cheap! I had the “74” subframe on the picnic table grinding it down to good bare metal so I could start welding up the new back section of frame and then be able to paint it all up. So I was grinding up around the front shock/Upper Aarm area where it’s pretty congested with pockets & vertical gussets. I had just put a new 16 grit 7” sanding disc on the body grinder. I hit one of the vertical pocket areas & it nearly tore the grinder out of my hands! Now I have a new disc with a Pac-Man style chunk out of it. I’m pissed, the hell with it I’ll use it! I turn it on 4000 rpm shaken like crazy I go back in! Only this time it tears it out of my left hand & while holding it with right it throws it back into my left arm at 4000 rpm! The Pac-Man cut out acted just like a one tooth blade. Laid my forearm wide open. About 4” long, more than an 1” deep. They said 1/6 deeper it would have cut the tendon. Needless to say my wife was not impressed. 

Edited by Last Indian
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Wow ! Great pictures last Indian!!! 

You did a ring foundation justA like I have done !

mostly these days they are pour in one foundation set ups 

but I wanted the foundation to look the same as the rest of the house footings 

i have a 2 week wait now till the frames and trusses arrive ! 

So I have locked in my digger mate for next week and I will lay stormwater drains back to the rain water tanks 

and while I am doing that I am going to get 4 x cad 6 data cables in the trench from the additions over to my garage to future proof for things like cameras etc back to my modem in the house 

currently my computer in the garage office is wifi back to the modem in the house which is not ideal 

New ideas are not always good ideas! Single pour foundations being one! With block work if for some reason there is a problem down the road they can be fixed. Up to and including actually taking a block or blocks or bricks for that matter, completely out and replacing it. Redoing mortar, and more, poured concrete? You’re screwed. Once it cracks you will never get it to not be there! It’s a stress point & no amount of any of their fancy adhesives or poly bonds or the like will fix it let alone make it look right ever again! I’ve seen lots of poured basements that really became a nightmare for people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

Stupidity & being cheap! I had the “74” subframe on the picnic table grinding it down to good bare metal so I could start welding up the new back section of frame and then be able to paint it all up. So I was grinding up around the front shock/Upper Aarm area where it’s pretty congested with pockets & vertical gussets. I had just put a new 16 grit 7” sanding disc on the body grinder. I hit one of the vertical pocket areas & it nearly tore the grinder out of my hands! Now I have a new disc with a Pac-Man style chunk out of it. I’m pissed, the hell with it I’ll use it! I turn it on 4000 rpm shaken like crazy I go back in! Only this time it tears it out of my left hand & while holding it with right it throws it back into my left arm at 4000 rpm! The Pac-Man cut out acted just like a one tooth blade. Laid my forearm wide open. About 4” long, more than an 1” deep. They said 1/6 deeper it would have cut the tendon. Needless to say my wife was not impressed. 

Oh !!!! Now that’s messy !!!

i know what you where thinking as I have done that myself ,,,, like, stuff this disc, I can still use it up !!! Haha 

Stormwater system dug and covered including a duct with 4 cad6 data cables  for future 

then a whole lot of pumice moves around to form the new driveway and car park 

C838B81D-50FA-4FC9-B311-C7CCB0A2FA0E.jpeg

• Like 2