Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Chrome and Ice Indoor Car Show

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Great shots as always buddy.  ESP like the doodlebug with the snow tires.....all ready to go for tomorrow!

Batmobile has always been a fav.  But sadly have never seen it in person.  Thankz for all the shots.

Edited by JUSTA6

Thanks guys!

Justa - does this bring back memories?

image.thumb.png.62a4bcf3fb0341a8ee68c1bc66a06b09.png

Obviously these were not all the original cars but many faithful recreations. I'm surprised we didn't have the Monkeemobile and an A-team van there too. The guy that owns them lives in Livonia. He also owns the Dumb and Dumber dog car.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Thanks guys!

Justa - does this bring back memories?

image.thumb.png.62a4bcf3fb0341a8ee68c1bc66a06b09.png

Obviously these were not all the original cars but many faithful recreations. I'm surprised we didn't have the Monkeemobile and an A-team van there too. The guy that owns them lives in Livonia. He also owns the Dumb and Dumber dog car.

SUNDAY   SUNDAY  sunday..........:cheers:

• Haha 1

Great pics Frosty. I remember as a kid getting to sit in the Batmobile here in Oz and I also had a Matchbox one which would fire plastic red missiles! Choking hazard be damned! 

Would they really have used such a beautiful and expensive car as a Cord as a taxi? I think not.

I also remember sitting through The Great Race several times as a kid. The movie was okay, but seeing Natalie Wood dressed in stockings & suspenders was enough reason for a teenage boy to sit through it over and over.

Back To The Future has always been one of my alltime faves - any of the 3. The depth of imagination and directing genius assured it's success. De Loreans in real life were a bit of a dog, but that trilogy would have done it's bit to give resale prices a decent boost.

That orange Chevy Nova was the inspiration for our local Holden Torana. V8 powered Toranas are huge money now and the homologation specials such as the A9X were incredible cars. I think I saw one for AUS $700k the other day.  Back in the 80s, they were outdated gaudy junk that drank too much fuel and were crushed or torn down for parts. Oh, the humanity!

Fitzy - I spoke to the guy from Stahl's that was polishing the Cord and letting young kids sit in the front seat. Yes, they actual stretched two cords over 18 inches from stock. This one was used for the actual driving shots in the movie, while the other one was separated so they could do certain interior filming. The original Cord engine and running gear is still intact.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2

I see. By the same token, they use Mercedes Benz as taxis in Europe! The only time I ever got to ride in a Benz was in a private airport transfer from Heathrow to our hotel. It had the full LED dash and was a supremely smooth, quiet car. Our driver was a Bulgarian immigrant. That's modern UK for you. Nice guy - I tipped him coz I know how tough it is to try and get started from nothing.

• Like 2

What a fantastic looking car. The Cord was way ahead of it's time, but history is full of eccentric one offs and couldabeens. Unfortunately, we gotta drive regular mass produced stuff but that's okay. When you're sitting in a traffic jam, do you want to be watching the temp gauge on your classic going through the roof as you idle endlessly, or are you okay in your modern airconditioned fuel injected gem that will happily idle until the tank goes dry?

Anyway - the Cord was very cool. Thanks again for sharing.

• Like 2

The Auburn, Cord, and Duseenberg Museum in Auburn Indiana is about 2.5 hours south of me. Located behind the ACD museum is the National Automotive and Truck Museum of the United States (NATMUS). Both museums are housed in buildings that were once former Auburn/Cord buildings. Some of the most beautiful ACDs you will ever see are there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

The Auburn, Cord, and Duseenberg Museum in Auburn Indiana is about 2.5 hours south of me. Located behind the ACD museum is the National Automotive and Truck Museum of the United States (NATMUS). Both museums are housed in buildings that were once former Auburn/Cord buildings. Some of the most beautiful ACDs you will ever see are there.

Okay. So we'll go there and THEN Hooters, and then Tony's.

Kiwi - start saving. We're going to Michigan!

Oh hell boys. I've also go you down for the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, the Pontiac Transportation Museum / Woodward Avenue cruise / Vinsetta's  Restaurant, The Gilmore in Hickory Corners,

Sights to see:

Henry Ford:

- Series of Presidential limos including the one JFK was assasinated in

- The chair for Ford Theater in Washington DC that Abraham Lincoln was assasinated in

- One of the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobiles

- The bus that Rosa Parks refused to give her set up in Alabama (start of the US Civil Rights movement)

- planes, trains, cars, stoves, tractors, etc. from history

Greenfield Village - historically signicant buildings from across America

- Thomas Edison's shop where he invented the light bulb

- the Wright Brothers bicycle shop from Dayton Ohio

The Gilmore 

- a collection of museums and autombile collections that spans America

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

Oh hell boys. I've also go you down for the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village, the Pontiac Transportation Museum / Woodward Avenue cruise / Vinsetta's  Restaurant, The Gilmore in Hickory Corners,

Sights to see:

Henry Ford:

- Series of Presidential limos including the one JFK was assasinated in

- The chair for Ford Theater in Washington DC that Abraham Lincoln was assasinated in

- One of the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobiles

- The bus that Rosa Parks refused to give her set up in Alabama (start of the US Civil Rights movement)

- planes, trains, cars, stoves, tractors, etc. from history

Greenfield Village - historically signicant buildings from across America

- Thomas Edison's shop where he invented the light bulb

- the Wright Brothers bicycle shop from Dayton Ohio

The Gilmore 

- a collection of museums and autombile collections that spans America

um urr, Frosty you do know that the bosses will be coming along too Aye !! best we visit the christmas shop aye !!! balance in life thingy aye!! hahahaha:rofl:

Ok so we give the girls a car with directions to the Christmas shop or the mall AND only one credit card between them.

We're off to look at paint and chrome, Hooters, pizza and such.

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Skipper!!!! Hmmm.....Alan Hale hasn't aged well.

image.png.d5e75cf5b614c90111c9d0258e3f2491.png

More BILLS.................

This will settle the Ginger or Maryann ?? once N for all.  Aging well?

image.png.e9954aa69e85f0f64cfb718ee93728e1.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Ok so we give the girls a car with directions to the Christmas shop or the mall AND only one credit card between them.

We're off to look at paint and chrome, Hooters, pizza and such.

Perfect 👍👍🍻👍👍

Kiwi, we'd better organise a 40 ft shipping container. We can fit 2 cars and all the crap the gaggle of women procure inside it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Kiwi, we'd better organise a 40 ft shipping container. We can fit 2 cars and all the crap the gaggle of women procure inside it.

Might need 2 fourty footers mate ! 

I am bloody good at shopping 🍻🍻

• Haha 2

True.....how many cars do we think Kiwi will buy once he's set loose in America? Especially if we stop by Southern Motors or Vanguards - both are classic car dealers in SE Michigan / Metro Detroit.

• Haha 1