Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My AWESOME trip to PA.

emily.todd

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

holy hell the whole drive there was rain and then it rained during the show but it wasnt to bad and then we drove through rain for about 2 hours home. it was to much rain in one day haha

and i am proud to say that i drove 7 1/2 hours there and home all by myself :lol2: well we stayed at a hotel on the way there about 1/2 hour out of allentown..and i am also proud to say that i didnt get lost to much just had to turn around 3 times because the brother in law told me to go a different way when i knew what i was doing haha

Ok wait a second! You drove alone, but you said "we" drove and "we" stayed at a hotel........so you were alone in your room??

gotcha, the brother in law isn't a tom tom, I got it now! girl you gotta use the gps!

The show was a lot of fun despite the rain towards the end. I got to see a lot of my buddies from the PA chapters of New Image, and of course, Emmy! :)

My end of the trip...GOOD GOD...

Sunday morning, I meet up the LI New Image crew, and everyone else going to the show. About 17 cars, and 30 people, including Sal's parents. The show was dedicated to Sal, so all of us were rocking lime green everywhere. But time did we meet up? I had to wake my ass up at 2:50am. Get ready, go to the meet spot around 3:45am. We left at 4:05am, stayed in a pack (most of the time). It got crazy at toll #3 in NJ, we got off the NJ turnpike, but there were too many cars, and I don't have an EZ-Pass, but a lot of the others did. I get through, and the road forked in three directions, and no sign of anyone. Soooo...I just took North. Myself and one other car, my buddy Kevin with a supercharged 350Z stick together. After a few calls, we find our way to RT 78 (where everyone else was) took us about 25 minutes to catch up. When we do, and a few other cars catch up, we pulled over at a McD's for food. That's when I wrote on the SB, "Greetings from bumblefuck, NJ" :lol2:

We get back on the road around 8:30ish? Don't exactly remember. But from there to Kutztown, PA is was smooth sailing. We got to the show around an hour later. I parked my car on the outer perimeter of the show with the other New Image member's cars (see the pic of Emmy's car next to mine)

A lot of cars rolled in for the show, but I didn't bother getting pics this time. No, it wasn't the ricey heaven like last time. A lot of respectable cars showed up. I know the others got pics, I'll start a thread if I get a hold of the pics.

And of course, meeting Emily! That was a lot of fun. :) she tagged along with me as I was judging the GM's in the field. I only got to do ten cars before it started to rain. Four Cobalt SS's, two Cadillac CTS's, a crazy Impala LTZ, and a lowrider 66 Buick LeSabre.

After that, it just rained and rained. The show went on though. And I had to say goodbye to Emmy around 3pm. :huh:

The trophies were handed out, and good times were had, the show ended around 4:30ish, I stayed and helped clean up. About an hour later, we left for home. We stopped at an Arby's first, then left for home at 6:30pm. Traffic just sucked. Once on 78, but after our stop on the NJ turnpike around 9pm, traffic was insane. I was stuck there for three hours before I even hit the George Washington bridge. All in all, I left at 6:30pm, to get home at 2am. I'm still shot, and I have work today. Yay!

i had some traffic on the way there but i hardly had any on the way home except for the pa turnpike.

but yes it was deffinitally the best day of my life :lol2: