Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

iPad Nightmare! - Update to 3.2.1

Ok this is a mashup of my posts on ipadforums.net. the linky is HERE

Well here goes

-----------------------------------------

I updated my jailbroken iPad saturday to 3.2.1 firmware and I have noticed that the WiFi signal strength has increased. I also noticed that my cellular connection has been on Edge ever since. I know that it has to be the software because the locations that i am using my iPad has not changed. I was in my living room and now i am on the train... I know for damn sure that the train is not taking a new route to chicago.

Hell as i tyoe this it has an "o" as my connection. Check out my screenshot.....

888e8699.png

I tried the Airplane Mode thing... it is supposed to reset the cellular connection... No Dice

Shut it off for 10 min and turned it back on... No Dice

Then I called ATT and they opened up a case... well they called back 2 days later and nothing is wrong with their satelites/cell towers

when i called ATT and they had me do the airplane mode... turn on and off the device... then they had me reset network settings... then they "Sent me some packets" i rebooted and nothing was fixed....

They opened a Network Ticket and they said that they would call me back

This started when i updated to 3.2.1

---------------------

Update as of today...

Well folks i am here at the apple store waiting like the other lemmings for some EFFING service. I have an appointment that was booked at 11:00 cst for a 6:00 cst meeting at my local store... Well i checked i. Early( about 10 min) and here i wait....

The update from ATT is that there is no update they called to say that nothing is wrong with theirservice, i know that because my neighbor has the i phone 4 and he has 3G all day. In fact they told me that they will call tmr to hear what apple says because he is personally interested...

Let you all knowwhat appke says

out of the Apple store and.....

They just gave me a NEW 64GB 3G iPad... they said they have no idea what it is but it is not the first one that they have seen at that location that was having the same issue as i had...

They had me sign a piece of paper and i got a new pad. i am not restoring the old backup because it is goign to put on the 3.2.1 OS so i am starting from scratch. i will wait for the good ol' 4.0 to come out.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

The major problem is seriously its an APPLE!!! I am really not telling you this out of some random hate. My hate has come from experience with dealing with Apple programming and believe me they are not concerned about the programming or functionality as they are on design. Yes everything may look purty but who cares if it doesn't function correctly.

All in all Mark, I know you're an Apple fan but seriously you're laptop and phone will suit you fine. These are a waste of money. You can get a netbook for less money that has more functionality and RUNS guess what? JAVA!!!! Oh and you don't have to "jailbreak" or hack a netbook to run it the way you want, it does it stock from factory or there are things called open source that allow you to change it without busting a warranty or anything of the nature.

and Ryan I'm honestly surprised Apple didn't make you buy another. The next update Apple makes unless 60% of people complain about it, they will not fix the problem :lol2: Just FYI because Apple is so money hungry they do a sort of majority issue problem for most their devices and don't just fix them if say 20% of users have an issue.

lalala I'm not listening to the Apple hater!

jk lol If I had the money to get a new laptop I would *maybe* switch to Windows... But I'm not too certain about where to go with it. PM me info about what the best route to go with MSFT is. :lol2:

I am on a iPad right now the only thing that I don't like about is how ackward it be since it is so big and doesn't fit in your hands like a iPhone but that being said it is pretty awesome. If you have a iPhone and love it will the iPad is just one big extension to it. I was just watching top gear on it.

Well mark... Make no mistake that it would NOT replace a computer. It is NOT a phone. But if you wat a cool device that you can use for a data connection and web browsing and is SUPER light then this is great.

And ringo, sorry about your experiences but i have never had a bad outcome with apple. I am not saying that i have not had my share of troubles with apple ( duh, read above) but they always fix it no questions asked. My first experience was with a 2 nd gen ipod classic. Got a sad face and then i got a new i pod.

I had them replace my motherboard on my old g4 tower. That computer ran forever but I also had 4 pci cards, the best video card at the time and 4 hard hard drives. So needless to say I think that's why it needed replacing because the case didn't have enough ventilation for all that stuff. They have also replaced a couple iPods for me, the only bad thing was when the apple stores came around you couldn't send in towers anymore to them.

i have a friend that worked for apple support. he worked from home. i personally am not an apple fan but wouldn't mind just to have one for experimenting and what not. bcuz of the field that i work in, i need to know mac, windows, and linux since all i deal with is networking. i own a netbook and honestly would prefer the netbook over the ipad. i played around with my buddies ipad and didn't like the functionality, design, and the fact that he has had problems with his up the butt. AND THIS IS HIS 3RD IPAD! thank god he is rich and can afford 50 of them each friggin day. lol

I've thought about getting one for deployments only. So I have something to use so I don't have to lug my computer around thought the sand of Afghanistan (If I get deployed...)