Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Notallthere's Truck

Started with:

Picture002.jpg

I have done some work to the old girl

Picture170.jpg

New Shoes

Picture172.jpg

Just for Autobot

Picture171.jpg

Yes I know I have to cut the lawn and weed.

Yes I know I need to re-do my $100.00 paint job.

These things take time.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Just for Autobot

Picture171.jpg

Yes I know I have to cut the lawn and weed.

Yes I know I need to re-do my $100.00 paint job.

These things take time.

thats the only badge autobot needs on his car. on his steering wheel. lol.

nice work bud! when you planning on painting the truck and what color?

I am probably going to paint it similar to the colour it is now with a black accent strip across the bottom. Tomorrow I am going to pick up the new hood and if I get time to clean the engine bay I will get a picture of it.

The engine already has an Edelbrock intake, carb, hedman headers to Cherry Bomb turbo mufflers, Accel ignition, with the camshaft for a one ton truck (more torque). The transmission has a stage 2 shift kit in it and a trans cooler that is larger than the Vibe's radiator.

I am thinking about a Com Cams 292 camshaft for it in the future of the motor but I am not sure.

Right now I have parts for it so I want to finish off the interior first then to paint then to more power. Since I cannot break the new tires free.

If you guys know of anyone with a set of GMC centre caps that are 8 lug I will take em for the truck.

Soooo much potential in that truck, so many ways you go with it. (moster truck, lowrider, hot rod ect) what way are you going with her?

:D

I would do the two tone like this. just blue & white or blue and grey.

0810clt_01_z%201978_chevy_silverado%20side_view.jpg

0810clt_02_z%201978_chevy_silverado%20front_side_view.jpg

I will most certainly still use it as a truck but I think I want to go lower with it. Probably 2 in front and 4 in the rear. Lowering the rear is easy since the parts are the same as the 1 ton. The front will be tricky since it is a 3/4 ton and its like I bought the re-headed step son of the truck world. The thing that I am really debating right now is potent small block (350 - 400 hp) or big block (375 - 450 hp) I have autocrossed the truck once and it was a blast to be the slowest vehicle there but half the track I was sideways.

My utility trailer is the back half of another 73-73 CK truck so me eventual goal will be to have a truck and trailer that match.

I am leaning towards big block because of the low rpm's and torque for towing with it. I am thinking either rebuilt 454 or go GM crate 502.

Got bored today so I had $50.00 in Canadian Tire money so I decided to make my own gauge cluster.

Old one:

Picture174.jpg

New one in progress:

Picture175.jpg

I am just going to use the factory gauges for now but replace them later. I will be cutting holes large enough for the new gauges in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not had time to work on the dash but I getting the house done is more prone to keep me in the good books with the CFO.

Washed the engine bay in the truck.

Picture180.jpg

I maybe pulling the engine and trans for the winter to repaint and install a new cam and shift kit.

I was playing with my found camera so lets see if these worked

th_Picture185.jpg

th_Picture186.jpg

So far I have learned that chrome and Canada do not mix but I do have the aluminum replacements for the valve covers but if I am thinking of pulling the motor this winter then I will hold off.

• 7 months later...

Picture003.jpg

We have a problem.

Picture001.jpg

There's no freakin motor in the truck

Picture002-2.jpg

New Parts too!

Picture004.jpg

Your turning a Chevy into a GMC........ that will never work!!!!! :D I have never heard of such crazy talk!!!! :rofl:

Whats wrong with her heart? (motor) :willy_nilly:

No it was always a GMC someone put on some Chevy parts. The motor developed a rear main seal leak and the transmission had an input seal leak from a screw up on my part. So out it comes. New Cam is on the way now I am trying to fugure out what colour to paint the motor.

Nice truck! I always wanted a truck when I was younger but I got into these small cars for whatever reason. What are you thinking for colors on the motor?

I was thinking yellow or just go blue again but definately not chevy red (orange)

Pro I was thinking of just trying to fill the hole with weld do you think it will hold?