Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Lawsuits against MyFord Touch move forward: will this discourage automakers from doing infotainment?

FeedBot

MyFord Touch made simpler for 2013Remember MyFord Touch and MyLincoln touch, the infotainment systems that shoppers loved and loved to hate? Three years ago, owners sued Ford over the systems' glitchy, underwhelming performance. Now, many of those cases have been wrapped into a class-action lawsuit, which could mean a big payout from Ford. You might argue that MyFord Touch...

View the full article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This is why I don't understand why people fall for these gimmicks that just add more cost to a car and more frustration as the owner.  The more gadgets, the more to fail and be mad about. 

• Founders
33 minutes ago, 81TTA said:

This is why I don't understand why people fall for these gimmicks that just add more cost to a car and more frustration as the owner.  The more gadgets, the more to fail and be mad about. 

To each his own. I like gadgets but depends on the type. I'm still not sold on a touch screen in the car just yet.

True but many of these gadgets are the cause of accidents and deaths including the smart phone which is a walk around computer these days.  Many states are passing laws against these items.  Not about having them but using them while driving.  In this state (Va.),  you can't have it attached to the windshield or in your view of sight for those that attach to the dash but are in the sight looking through the windshield.  It's not a primary law (can't pull you over just for that) but will add to whatever reason you were pulled over. 

• Founders

They can make your life easier but like anything, can be harmful in the wrong hands. I'm one of those people that my phone stays in my pocket the entire time I'm driving. Only if I'm in my Camaro with my handsfree will I answer my phone as I don't have to do anything. A lot of the "in-car" devices will not allow you to use them while the car is in motion. Like my sister has a Mazda CX-5 with a touchscreen radio and all that jazz. Can't use the touchscreen while it's in motion, have to use the dial thing which IMO is more of a hazard than just having the touchscreen :lol: 

Definitely agree with those laws. We have them that you can't text and drive but there are a lot of loop holes in that.