Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

RSS Evo pits Jaguar XKR-S vs. Mercedes SL63 AMG in heavyweight droptop fight

Ringo64

• Founders

Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Videos, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz

Evo-XKR-S-Versus-SL-63-AMG.jpg

We recently received the sad news that the Jaguar XK is ceasing production by the end of the year, but what better way to bid it farewell than with some big, smoky powerslides? The retirement of the sporty GT isn't actually the topic of the latest video from Evo - it's on hand to compete against the Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG to see which is faster around a track. Still, we can think of it as a wonderful sendoff for the Jag.

Both convertible grand tourers get their laps around the course, and they couldn't be more different. Driver Jethro Bovingdon gets some grins out of them both, but absolutely giggles while behind the wheel of the XKR-S convertible. The SL63 AMG is the more powerful of the two, but as we know, that doesn't always matter at a racetrack. You'll just have to scroll down and watch the video to see which of them is actually the winner.

Continue reading Evo pits Jaguar XKR-S vs. Mercedes SL63 AMG in heavyweight droptop fight

Evo pits Jaguar XKR-S vs. Mercedes SL63 AMG in heavyweight droptop fight originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
autoblog?i=gmGWtS4323M:I6GbejlsZ7w:wF9xT autoblog?i=gmGWtS4323M:I6GbejlsZ7w:V_sGL
gmGWtS4323M

/>http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/gmGWtS4323M/

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!