Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

How to post photos

How to post photos

There are two routes you can take on Forever Pontiac to add a photo/image to your post.

1. You already have an image uploaded on the internet somewhere via an image host or similar (e.g. Imgur, Photobucket, Flickr, etc...) and have the URL to the image (if you use an image hosting service, like the ones listed before, then they will provide this URL. If not, in a browser you can right click on the image and click "copy image url/link" terminology varies on browser). Once you have said URL you can come over to your post and click the button that says "Insert other media." Then you will want to select "Insert image from URL" That will insert your image into your post and you are done.

2. This option is that you do not have an image already uploaded to a server on the internet so we are going to upload it to our own. Uploading is considerably easier. If you are replying to a topic or creating a topic, it will look rather similar. You can either drag your file from your local computer to the area at the bottom of the editor or choose files to upload (aka browse your computer)

Screenshot of the Editor:

editor-screen.PNG

See it in real-time! Video that goes over all options:

Please let the staff know if you need any further assistance. :D 

happy photo posting!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 years later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• 1 year later...

Been having major issues with photobucket holding my pic's hostage.  Can go to my page but will not accept my password to let me in.  Tech's have been no help for getting me back in.   Have changed my password more times than the 100's of pic's I have stored there.  My other sites,(including my email) I'm used to clicking the photo icon on the toolbar, instead of asking for a url, select from my computer and I can add/attach any pic from my computer to the thread I'm working on.  Usually up to 10 photos.  Perfect for sharing the 700 + shots I took at the dream cruise.  I know you've tried to explain the set up here many times to me, but it never seems to work.  So I JUSTA don't mess with it.

• Founders

Been having major issues with photobucket holding my pic's hostage.  Can go to my page but will not accept my password to let me in.  Tech's have been no help for getting me back in.   Have changed my password more times than the 100's of pic's I have stored there.  My other sites,(including my email) I'm used to clicking the photo icon on the toolbar, instead of asking for a url, select from my computer and I can add/attach any pic from my computer to the thread I'm working on.  Usually up to 10 photos.  Perfect for sharing the 700 + shots I took at the dream cruise.  I know you've tried to explain the set up here many times to me, but it never seems to work.  So I JUSTA don't mess with it.

Unfortunately, I cannot fix an issue with Photobucket but I know your issue before was that via a post you can only upload 1 image at a time but with our new gallery you can do several: https://foreverpontiac.com/gallery/ 

We will be upgrading soon to the new version of our software and it simplifies upload drastically, you can just grab a file and drop it then it will upload and do multiple :) 

That sounds cool.  Bucket worked fine for adding a pic or 2,  but had to upload one at a time, then transfer 1 at a time to the thread I was working on.  Was counting on the Frosted one to take care of the LIGHT work.  :lol2:   But with his vacation and normal catching up after getting home, he's been a busy guy!  :dancingpontiac: