Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Car and Driver: BMW i Designer, Other Key Execs Leave for Chinese Electric-Car Startup

FeedBot

BMWiTeamLeaves1.jpg
-Benoit Jacob’s name is attached to one of the most striking car designs you can buy today, the paradigm-shifting BMW i8. But recent reports suggest that Jacob and two of his BMW i Division colleagues are jumping ship for yet another out-of-nowhere Chinese-backed electric-car startup.

-

The Wall Street Journal reports that Jacob and coworkers Dirk Abendroth and Henrik Wenders have taken new positions with Future Mobility Corp, an electric-car startup backed by China’s Tencent Holdings. Abendroth was involved in electric powertrain development for the BMW i3 and i8; Wenders was head of product management for the BMW i division. The three recently-departed i team members follow Carsten Breitfeld, who served for 20 years at BMW before joining Future Mobility as CEO last month. Breitfeld also played a major role in the development of the i8 plug-in hybrid.

-

They’re not the only BMW folks to depart for newly formed auto projects—back in November, Apple hired a former BMW software engineer with experience in EV charging, ostensibly for its open-secret automotive experiment, Project Titan.

-
--
-

While nobody can predict what will come of Future Mobility Corp—the latest in a growing field of Chinese-backed automotive startups like Techrules and Faraday Future—we’re surprised to see these major departures from BMW’s much-hyped i division.

-

This story originally appeared on Road & Track.

-l9K8hh3pURc

Read Full Article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!