Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

FuriousG's new GAGT radio

I didn't want to clutter up that other thread so I started a new one.

Here's my old setup with an iPod input wired through an interface box into the XM input of the stock Monsoon system. It was good but I had to mount the iPod in the center dash (custom made mount from a cup holder mount that fit perfectly in the center vent) which meant I had to hide the iPod anytime I parked it anywhere I didn't trust completely.

PA310003.jpg

Here's the new stereo with the iPod wired to the glovebox. I bought the stereo when my original hopes to buy the GXP fell through. This was sort of my consolation prize to myself. Then after ordering the stereo, I managed to finance the GXP so I ended up with both. I probably wouldn't have bothered upgrading the GAGT yet if I had known I'd be picking up the GXP at that time. Oh well, I'm not going to argue with the outcome!

P3240006.jpg

P3240005.jpg

P3240002.jpg

The only drawback is that now I don't know where to hang my sunglasses!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I only installed it yesterday and I haven't even driven the car since putting it in. I also think I may have run the battery down during the install so I need to take her for a spin anyway. She's currently parked on the side of the garage that the wife parks her van in front of so I'll have to wait until she takes kids to school to get the GAGT out. Might do that tomorrow...

I tested it to make sure it functioned and it does. Sounded great but so did the stock monsoon system. The real test will be when I crank it up against the sound of my SLP exhaust. I expect it will do nicely since I kept the stock radio at around 75% of max volume but this one is nearly as loud at only only level 10. I'm not sure how high it goes though since my kids were already in bed and the newborn was sleeping in the room directly above the garage.