Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My 95 Formula

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' timestamp='1354369138' post='77018']

Needs more low.

I have a set of Eibach springs as well as a set of Bilstiens I will be installing as time permits that should drop it a little more than an inch.

Nice looking Formula

Thanks!

Nice bird. What is the plans for it?

Thanks! Other than the springs and shocks, I have an airfoil for the TBI, and a bigger Y pipe with a high flow cat. I would eventually like to find a nice set of the painted '96 WS6 wheels for it and will add a cat back system to it with WS6 exhaust tips. I am going to keep this one mild, more of a '96 WS6 clone with some minor performance enhancements. I may even cam it and throw on a set of shorties.....haven't made my mind up on his part yet..............

^ I love the T/A high spoiler.

If you seriously want Eibachs, my shop stocks them on hand. While we don't sell Bilstiens, we do stock Koni and Tokico shocks, which are just as excellent.

Lets swap out that low profile spoiler...

' timestamp='1354454948' post='77052']

^ I love the T/A high spoiler

Thanks but I'll keep the low rise spoiler......I have nothing against the high rise, I just don't have anything against the low rise either.......As my goal is a '96 WS6 Formula clone, I want to stay true to the Formula format. Seems like all you see these days are the high rise.........Besides, with working on this one and restoring my Hawk at the same time, I'd rather put the cash towrds my LT4 build for the Hawk.

Thanks, but I already have the EIbachs springs and Bilstien shocks....I'll keep you in mind if I need something else. Does your shop have a web site?

Great lookin ride N a good start on mods.

Thanks! ;)

My shop's page:

/>http://www.groupawheels.com/Index.aspx

The business also goes by the name Auto Trend Wheel & Tire. The west coast branch is temporarily closed, contact the east coast (where I actually work)

If you're looking to replace the stock wheels, they have a great selection. They're also a Toyo Tires and ROH wheels wholesaler.

' timestamp='1354498478' post='77064']

My shop's page:

http://www.groupawheels.com/Index.aspx

The business also goes by the name Auto Trend Wheel & Tire. The west coast branch is temporarily closed, contact the east coast (where I actually work)

If you're looking to replace the stock wheels, they have a great selection. They're also a Toyo Tires and ROH wheels wholesaler.

I'll check them out. B)

Here are a before and after under hood pictures showing the upgrade to the WS6 airbox that accompanied the hood swap.

Before

E41A0300-1.jpg

After

E41A0590-1.jpg

Next step will be to repaint the lettering silver as it originally was. The incresed acceleration and throttle response was readily noticable! Definitely a "feel it in the seat of your pants" mod, and the best part was it fit perfectly and was an easy swap due to being OEM parts.E41A0589-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Score! Just bought a nice set of original '96 WS6 wheels for the Bird. GM only made them like these only one year only....Can't wait for them to get here so I can them put on. :drool: Will post pics as soon as they have rubber mounted and are on the Bird. :Pedobear:

IMAG0346.jpg

this was my Z... I really didn't even care that it was purple (not purple) but, my son HATED getting in the back, and since the GA was gone, it was my ride, so I traded it off for the "de erl ferd" as I call it.

pictured here:

2012-07-28231007.jpg

and this was the 6 cyl that had 12 billion miles on it i had for like 3 weeks and resold

012312132524.jpg

I LOVED that Z28, but I really don't care for that dashboard, and lack of cupholder lol, so I am thinking maybe finding a TA or Firebird instead. but idk. You aren't going to help that twitch in my eye in wanting another one lol

Sweet bird man, sweet indeed. Been looking at a twin to yours on CL around here. Love them old LT1s!

Thanks....Yea, I love the older Lt cars myself......they got a bad rap because the earlier 93-94 cars had a non vented optispark that was somewhat problematic....but the 95-97 cars didn't have that issue and ran like stipped @** apes :naughty: And the M6 cars still got 27mpg out on the highway...IF you could keep your foot out of it! Hard to beat that combo. Here's a little bit of info I picked up on another site you might appreciate...the 93-97 LT1 motor was designed/developed in an almost "Skunksworks" like mode by GM engineers that wanted to better the LT5 that GM had given the task to the engineers at Lotus. (GM owned Lotus at this time.) They wanted to make the same horepower cheaper and more effeciantly......I think they did a decent job.....the horsepower some of the LTX guys are putting out and the reliability is really pretty good considering how old the technology is now. I just wish they would have made an aluminum block LT1 or even LT4 :drool: BTW, "Plumb Purple" was a fairly rare color for these F bodies Pontiac or Chevy...........

IMAG0346.jpg

this was my Z... I really didn't even care that it was purple (not purple) but, my son HATED getting in the back, and since the GA was gone, it was my ride, so I traded it off for the "de erl ferd" as I call it.

pictured here:

2012-07-28231007.jpg

and this was the 6 cyl that had 12 billion miles on it i had for like 3 weeks and resold

012312132524.jpg

I LOVED that Z28, but I really don't care for that dashboard, and lack of cupholder lol, so I am thinking maybe finding a TA or Firebird instead. but idk. You aren't going to help that twitch in my eye in wanting another one lol

The 93-97 only have a single cup holder, the 98-02 have a twin cup holder.....both are pretty useless in a manual tranny car though....bad position....constanlty get tangled when shifting..

If we're showing off F-bodies now...well...

My shop has this gem:

It's a low mileage 2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Edition.

398049_4116325878522_1168154891_n.jpg

That's nice! Someone has one the same color here in town I see running around......I hope to catch up to him at one of the local cruise nights this summer to get a better look.....