Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Stock G6 head unit issue

• Founders

Seems the G6 every couple months brings up an issue, I think it's just getting mad at me for buying the Camaro :lol: anywho...

The stock head unit's text for display (time, volume, radio station, etc...) and DIC (it's in one area) do not display when the car's backlights are on at night. In the daytime, when the backlighting in the car is not on, the text is clear as day. The radio functions perfectly fine either way but is quite annoying when I'm driving home and it's dark enough my lights and cabin backlights turn on and I lose the display. The blacklighting on the display is still there though as in I still see the red glow.

I am thinking it's either an issue with the wiring or a fuse. I don't think the bulb on it went out seeing as its fine during the day, I honestly don't know right now I'm just guessing at this point till I can do some exploring... Has anyone else have this problem?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Does it have that day time assist lighting? Where it inverts the colors of the background and text? The GP has that feature but it does the same thing you described with the DIC when I have it on, so I just leave it off.

• Founders

Does it have that day time assist lighting? Where it inverts the colors of the background and text? The GP has that feature but it does the same thing you described with the DIC when I have it on, so I just leave it off.

Nope, doesn't have that in which it changes colors. Its just daytime its just the text and when correct at nighttime its just a back light plus dimmed text.

ill sell you mine. :D

anyways, maybe a bulb did go out making it not bright enough at night and acceptable in the day. maybe? i cant remember how many lights it has there.

• Founders

Found a great deal on an aftermarket double din head unit for an early cyber Monday deal so I snatched it. Pretty excited to install this thing not gonna lie.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Founders

make sure it matches the rest of the lights on the interior haha. I hate aftermarket head units that are like green or purple and the dash lights are blue or red

lol it has over 150 color choices for the lighting ;)