Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Reuss Sees “Huge Opportunity” In Small Pickup Trucks

Jedi3

Reuss Sees “Huge Opportunity” In Small Pickup Trucks

2010 GMC Granite CPU

by Manoli Katakis

gmauthority.com

GMC-Granite-CPU.jpg

When the current generation Chevrolet Colorado posts lower fuel economy numbers than the larger and more powerful Silverado, it’s easy to realize that something is a little backwards. Looking forward, General Motors will be offering the all-new and hopefully much-better-in-everything Colorado that recently launched in Thailand, here in the United States.

If executed properly, the new Colorado and Silverado should display much less — if any — overlap. But even as the two trucks prepare to try a new dance on the same floor without running into each other, GM North American President Mark Reuss forcasts ” a micro-segmentation of what the bandwidth is of a pickup truck,” according to a report from Automotive News.

We would like to translate into him saying that there will be a new market segment emerging (reemerging?) below the mid-sized pickup, and we have every right to wildly speculate that vehicles such as the rumored all-new Chevrolet El Camino or perhaps even the GMC Granite CPU will show themselves in the American market in the not-too-distant future.

source:

gmauthority.com

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2011/11/reuss-...-united-states/

more pics after the jump.

gmc-granite-pickup.jpg

Kinda cool looking. Some neat ideas put into her too, like the when the barn door tailgat is open you have a 2nd pair of tails abd how some of the body panels come off ect.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Remember the GMC Granite Concept it looks like its based of it.

Concept_GMC_Granite_Pic.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1270048552170

Like.

GM needs a new small pickup like this. GMC could hit a new demographic, and more sales for GMC. After all...they sure as hell better expand and flesh out with new interesting models, my tax dollars bailed them out after all.

As for the Granite looking like a Kia Soul, not a bad thing at all. They're fun little cars, equipped nicely at a great price ($19K for a fully loaded SX model, IIRC) great on gas, and music/mood lighting is a very cool feature.

Say what you want about the Soul, Kia is making a killing selling those buggers. Money talks, bullshit walks. So it's no surprise GM took notice of the Soul, it really has little competition, (Scion xB) and I think it would really give a sales boost for GM.

Reminds me too much of the KIA Soul...

does have some likeness to it. but this one looks good too.

' date='Nov 4 2011, 02:09 PM' post='61414']

Like.

GM needs a new small pickup like this. GMC could hit a new demographic, and more sales for GMC. After all...they sure as hell better expand and flesh out with new interesting models, my tax dollars bailed them out after all.

As for the Granite looking like a Kia Soul, not a bad thing at all. They're fun little cars, equipped nicely at a great price ($19K for a fully loaded SX model, IIRC) great on gas, and music/mood lighting is a very cool feature.

Say what you want about the Soul, Kia is making a killing selling those buggers. Money talks, bullshit walks. So it's no surprise GM took notice of the Soul, it really has little competition, (Scion xB) and I think it would really give a sales boost for GM.

omg :lol: I :agreed: with Chaos :lol:

And the best part is that its not KIA.

:lol::agreed: X 100

Actually test drive one of the new Kia models before you shit all over them. I've worked on a lot of their newer models, driven them, and see what makes them tick. There's a reason why people are buying them more and more.

Take the 2010 model Hyundai Sonata, and Kia Optima. Seriously, take the time to actually test drive one, get up close and personal, and throw out and bias you have. I will bet you cash, you'll be plenty surprised.

And the best part is that its not KIA.

double the win. and about the Hyundais, theyre looking good, especially that Genesis coupe (comfy too).

I'm not close minded. I just choose American.

No issue with choosing American, but if you have no hands on experience driving or working on a particular car, no sense making posts, "LOL KIA SUCKS" when you really have no on hands experiences to say so, other than seeing them on the road, or seeing commercials.

I'm not bashing, I'm just lending advice.

' date='Nov 4 2011, 07:31 PM' post='61431']

Actually test drive one of the new Kia models before you shit all over them.

' Posted Today, 02:12 PM' post='61433']

So you don't look close minded and hypocritical? :shrug:

I sold them for a short time so im not being closed minded. I dont like them and its not just the car its the company. ;) lets start with all the law suts on them, stealing other car companys designs, stealing music, not giving our companys a fair shake in there country IE putting a cap on how many cars were alowed to sell each year. Also the type of people that buy them, are some of the cheepest SOB's on the earth. they dont even ask about the car they just want to know how much you can give the caraway for. There is more but that will do. ;)

and about the Hyundais, theyre looking good, especially that Genesis coupe

Meh I dont like the look of them.

I will say they have come a long way but if its not Detroit it isent for me. :dancingpontiac: