Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Two never-used Navy “ghost ships” sent for scrap

Jedi3

Two never-used Navy “ghost ships” sent for scrap

U.S. taxpayers payed $300 million to build them!!!! :blink::angry::lol:

video:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player...d=1066313548001

If you want to read more:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/two-neve...-164452572.html

This make me sick!!! I think I may go barf now! If anyone has no clue why this country is in such bad shape I think this will answer most of your questions!!!!

O my fucking GOD what a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:;):picard:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

whats $300M compared to $14.5T ?

boats:______300,000,000

debts:14,500,000,000,000

0.0000206%

not that we shouldn't be cutting any and all unneeded spending, but this 300M is pretty much chump change to the gov't... but that 14.5T was built 300M at a time.

• Founders

:cheers:

Stuff like this doesn't even surprise me anymore, I think what pissed me off the most is they gave away a contract of $100mil to a UK company to dismantle it! So a grand total of $400mil will be wasted and never seen again on American soil because of this.

What scares me most is this is what we know the government is badly spending our money, what else is there? Probably the only plus of GM getting bailout money was at least my tax dollars went somewhere where it can do actual use and not have a chance to be wasted.

Probably the only plus of GM getting bailout money was at least my tax dollars went somewhere where it can do actual use and not have a chance to be wasted.

:cheers: Never thought of it that way but true. People were pissed they gave the Automakers money but this was just literaly throwing money away. Thats the stuff the anti auto pail out people should of been pissed at. Atleast that saved a crazy amout of jobs and helped the economy.

• Founders

:lol: Never thought of it that way but true. People were pissed they gave the Automakers money but this was just literaly throwing money away. Thats the stuff the anti auto pail out people should of been pissed at. Atleast that saved a crazy amout of jobs and helped the economy.

:cheers:

Why I was mad about the contract to a UK company, it's like ok we're going to destroy $300mil now lets not stimulate our own economy and hire a company here, nah let's just piss away $400mil and hand off to another country