Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1963 Pontiac Grand Prix - Build progress

Hello everyone, 

Here is a before and after of the engine bay on my 1963 Grand Prix with a 72 Buick 455 & TH400 Auto

71097583_2638705779483246_3543995163397324800_n.jpg.e185b946a2ad80d15dd0cc70d30dd290.jpg

2024-04-16 19.01.38.jpg

Hello everyone,

I need to connect my new radio in the console to 12v source  that only has power when the ignition is on... Any suggestion where I can connect to? Direct from the back of the ignition switch or there is something closer like in the glove box area / center console?

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

The wiring diagram should reveal what the colors / stripes were for the radio - find those and reuse.  The fuse panel may also have an "IGN" source that is easily accessible.

Rick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2024 at 7:20 PM, B52bombardier1 said:

The wiring diagram should reveal what the colors / stripes were for the radio - find those and reuse.  The fuse panel may also have an "IGN" source that is easily accessible.

Rick

Thank you B52bombarbier1, no luck on the fuse panel, I tried to follow the wires from the ignition switch but I am afraid of keep pulling on wires from 1963... I already found a few that needed to be isolated that rubbed and were exposed...  I plugged into the the fuse panel and added a switch with a pilot light for now... 

Have a great weekend!

Going to need to clean up the contacts on the fuse panel.... Do you guys know any product I can apply once I sand the contacts to keep from rusting again?

2024-04-21 18.05.35.jpg

• Like 1

I finished putting together the interior today... Now the next project is to reinstall the gas tank and fuel lines... 

Leaving the disk brake kit for last.. never did one before.

BEFORE

2020-09-0423_11_18.thumb.jpg.17bb2c7bf7219467dc6fe01359258c63.jpg

2020-09-0423_11_03.thumb.jpg.4fcd0dc38d244909e8d6ae9fb848f6c5.jpg

AFTER

2024-04-2719_52_01.thumb.jpg.59f5843732a3c1f9b0090bcbe6ca811e.jpg

2024-04-2719_52_12.thumb.jpg.a9fae41f6ddf035c65a799f007cb4532.jpg

2024-04-2719_52_46.thumb.jpg.afbacab450686096fb03574f73bd0495.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good Ron :dancingpontiac:

I would use a rust Treament then justA coat of wd40 on those fuse saddles 

Wrongway is the man to ask about 63 wiring , but I think he is away at the moment , I am sure he will see your post sooner or later 👍

That crappy old fuse panel...I tore mine out and replaced it with a modern blade fuse panel with 12 circuits, including a common earthing point. Cheap & effective. I tried to restore the original, but really? Glass fuses? In 2024? Anyway, your progress is impressive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Looking good Ron :dancingpontiac:

I would use a rust Treament then justA coat of wd40 on those fuse saddles 

Wrongway is the man to ask about 63 wiring , but I think he is away at the moment , I am sure he will see your post sooner or later 👍

Thank you 64 kiwi, I will try that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

That crappy old fuse panel...I tore mine out and replaced it with a modern blade fuse panel with 12 circuits, including a common earthing point. Cheap & effective. I tried to restore the original, but really? Glass fuses? In 2024? Anyway, your progress is impressive.

Thank you Fitzy, 

Everything is working now, the only thing I noticed is that the instrument lights are very dim, I dont want to start with the wires just yet... maybe in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B52bombardier1 said:

Hello Ron,

The interior is absolutely GORGEOUS.  I love the blue vs the black contrast.  Very well done!!

Rick

Thank you B52bombardier1

23 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Ron , what’s the tank on the passenger side fire wall ? Is it a catch can ? 

It is a windshield washer reservoir. 64 kiwi 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 63grandprix said:

It is a windshield washer reservoir. 64 kiwi 

Cool 👍

those dim dash lights will be caused by the dimmer coil in the head light switch , when you turn the head light switch knob it is a rheostat 👍

it might need a clean up 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Cool 👍

those dim dash lights will be caused by the dimmer coil in the head light switch , when you turn the head light switch knob it is a rheostat 👍

it might need a clean up 

Thank you 64 kiwi

How do you remove the knobs I bought a wood grain kit to replace the worn wood trim in the dash, but at first glance I was not able to remove the knobs. Also is it difficult to remove whole headlight switch to clean in?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

There is a button on the underside of the switch. (backside of dash)  Press and pull the knob out the front.  

Thank you JUSTA6! Have a great week everyone!

Has anyone installed the trunk A/C kit in one of these cars?

image.thumb.png.6d73cde28ef3c90addf8b520593e53e8.png

• Like 1

Ron exactly what JustA said , I found it easier to remove the dash pad , think it’s only 4-6 screws and then you can see everything to remove the whole instrument cluster , that head light switch has a threaded bezel behind the knob once you press the release button 👍