Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

J J Web's 1967 Lemans

2024 May
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New headliner trim colour selection?

Hey there,

I have a ‘61 Bonneville (Vista) and am trying to confirm what replacement hood lining to buy through RockAuto.

I can buy Red in Basketweave, or Red, Dark Red or Maroon in the Tier Grain.

None are a perfect pattern match for mine (which has small stars), however it seems all are compatible with my model (2839, 5 bows).

At this stage I’m leaning towards the Red in the Tier Grain purely on visuals (which I’m aware isn’t an a deal way to choose).

The ID plate suggests it's maroon, but that appears to be much darker than mine?

Can anyone tell me which would be the exact match?

Photos included to assist.

Regards,

Paul

IMG_9158.jpeg

IMG_9157.jpeg

IMG_9156.jpeg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have the Ames catalogue on my tablet, so that I can empty my wallet any hour of the day, 7 days a week.

With my GP, the headlining was missing when the car was shipped from the US. Probably part of the asbestos removal requirement. It also had new non asbestos brake shoes fitted. Anyway, the headlining bows (the sprung metal pieces that go across the roof) were thoughtfully put in the trunk but only a couple fitted properly. I had to laboriously measure them and then have a little piece inserted to bring them to their correct length. Hours of fun.

You'll need to make sure your sun visors are going to match the new material and don't forget the sailboards. Oh, and don't look at YT for this one - get an upholsterer to install the headlining!

Little stars - love 'em.

Screenshot_20240129_084355_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Haha 2

I hear a huge cha-ching coming from this side of the Pacific mate! :rofl:

Ames thanks you for helping them meet their sales goal this month! 

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Frostyand @Fitzy,

I thank you both for your emotional support, in consideration of my personal finances 😅

It gets worse (or better), depending upon your perspective...

Ames don't seem to have exactly what I need, unfortunately, because at $USD303 that is a whole lot cheaper than the alternative! SMS Fabrics have exactly what I need, but it's USD$449 😳

Anyhoo, who'd have thought that a simple failed stitch line in my hood lining was going to set me back around $1000 when all said and done? I guess I should have learnt by now, shouldn't I?